Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    The K-1 is the fiancee visa. Mom filed the F1 (which will become current in the next 3-5 years, probably). Do I understand you correctly, does this mean that Mom has to withdraw her petition first? Does this mean that having two different petitions filed for you would create problems? Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Since your mom is a US citizen how much longer do you think it would take before you K-1 visa will be approved? If your finace wants to file a F-1 for you I would ask an attorney if you should withdraw the visa application from your mom first before sending in a new application.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello everyone! I will appreciate any information that you can give me regarding the following:

1) I have a pending F1 petition filed by my mother. Now, my American fiance and I have decided to get married, and so he's going to petition me for a K-1 visa. Will this create a problem for me? (i.e. being petitioned for a K-1 visa when I still have a pending F1 petition??).

2) One of the requirements for a K-1 visa is that we should have met at least once in past two years. Do we have to meet in either one of our respective countries (US and Hongkong)? We have already met in Mexico last year.

THANK YOU so much.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Need Info on Fiance(e) Visa

Need Info on Fiance(e) Visa

Hello everyone! I will appreciate any information that you can give me regarding the following:

1) I have a pending F1 petition filed by my mother. Now, my American fiance and I have decided to get married, and so he's going to petition me for a K-1 visa. Will this create a problem for me? (i.e. being petitioned for a K-1 visa when I still have a pending F1 petition??).

2) One of the requirements for a K-1 visa is that we should have met at least once in past two years. Do we have to meet in either one of our respective countries (US and Hongkong)? We have already met in Mexico last year.

THANK YOU so much.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation