Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some help please

Hi I'm after some help, I'm a British citizen and my fiancée American. If we were to get married in the U.K. What visas would I need / we need to move back with my fiancée to live in the states after the marriage.

Hi I'm after some help, I'm a British citizen and my fiancée American. If we were to get married in the U.K. What visas would I need / we need to move back with my fiancée to live in the states after the marriage.

Comment

Tom,

Don't get married in the U.K., unless your fiance is wealthy beyond belief, and can fly to see you all the time.

Your best bet would be to get engaged, and have her file an I-129F form. This will take about 6 months from start to finish. Then, you'll be able to come to the U.S. and get married, and stay here.

If you get married in the U.K., then she'll have to file an I-130 form, and your wait will be MUCH, MUCH longer.

Good luck.

Comment

Not true....
        As soon as you get the receipt for the I-130 you can file an I-129F for a spousal K3 visa. At the moment the centre that processes these (Missouri) is taking about a month, the rest of the process after that should take about another 6 weeks through London.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation