Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Equity Act???

Hi.. recently I sought some advice about my chances of being a U.S. Citizen, and was told that I probably wasn't one because of my parents not being married when I was born. However recently sombody informed me about a possible amendment having been made, where fathers can now pass on their citizenship. This is where I have a question.. it says this act shall apply to persons born out of wedlock who are alive on or after the enactment of this act (Jan 7th this year I believe). Does that mean it does or does not apply to me. I mean I know I was alive on that date, I was also alive before it. Or does it only apply to people born on or after that date. Please help clear this up for me. Thanks in advance.

Hi.. recently I sought some advice about my chances of being a U.S. Citizen, and was told that I probably wasn't one because of my parents not being married when I was born. However recently sombody informed me about a possible amendment having been made, where fathers can now pass on their citizenship. This is where I have a question.. it says this act shall apply to persons born out of wedlock who are alive on or after the enactment of this act (Jan 7th this year I believe). Does that mean it does or does not apply to me. I mean I know I was alive on that date, I was also alive before it. Or does it only apply to people born on or after that date. Please help clear this up for me. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I don't know if this will help. I know of a family, where-in the whole family came here (mother and 6 children- all children being adult, married with children of their own) as a tourist and upon arrival they went to INS to apply for automatic citizenship on a basis that their father and grandfather ( deceased) was a natural US citizen. It sounds to me that, your question is simillar to that. This happened in the 80's though. So I don't know if it is still in effect. I am also searching as well if this is still something that can be done. All they did was show a prove of relationship to the deceased as well as the deceased old passport stating he was a US CITIZEN.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation