Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I suggest that you apply for an ITIN number through the IRS so that your husband can use that number to add you as a spouse / dependant etc. I have applied for an ITIN for my wife 2 years ago and have used her ITIN for tax purposes before the SSA issued her a Social Security Card about 4 months ago. The ITIN is a one page form you can download through the IRS Web Site. I forgot the exact form number but it is there. You can get the card / number within 4 weeks I believe. Once you send the ITIN application, follow up with the IRS and call them and try to get the number by phone.........

Good luck...

KOKO

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    HAPPY HOLYDAYS, EVERYBODY!

WELL, AS I SAID BEFORE, IT'S BEEN 7 MONTHS I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR MY EAD, AND STILL WAITING. SUCH DELAY DOES NOT MAKE SENSE SINCE I'VE BEEN INQUIRING ABOUT IT FOR OVER 3 MONTHS AND THE ONLY ANSWER I GET IS THAT THEY CANNOT FIND FORM I-765(MISSING? LOST?) AND THAT I SHOULD WAIT, WAIT AND WAIT...

BY THE WAY, I MAILED I-765 AGAIN 6 WEEKS AGO. HOW COME IT'S STILL MISSING?!!!!
    THE TWO WEEKS THEY TOLD ME TO WAIT LAST TIME HAVE GONE BY, AND YET THEY DID NOT SEND ME ANY NOTICE. TO MAKE THINGS WORSE, THE CONSULTANT/PARALEGAL WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THURSDAY(07/03)WENT ON VACATION EXACTLY THE DAY WE SHOULD GO TO BCIS IN PERSON AND GET MY EAD(according to the officer's instructions).

I'M STARTING TO GET SERIOUSLY WORRIED. I NEED TO HAVE A SSN#, SO MY HUSBAND CAN INCLUDE MY NAME IN HIS INCOME TAX. HE ALREADY FILED FOR AN EXTENSION WHICH EXPIRES IN AUGUST.

THE BIG DEAL IS,THOUGH, THERE'S LESS THAN A MONTH LEFT FOR ME TO GET MY SSN!!!

WHAT HAPPENS THEN, IF I DON'T GET THE EAD/SSN IN TIME TO HAVE MY NAME IN THE INCOME TAX BEFORE EXTENSION EXPIRES?
    CAN MY HUSBAND STILL KEEP MY NAME IN HIS INCOME TAX?

IF NOT, HOW WILL THAT AFFECT MY AOS PROCESS?

HELP ME, PLEASE!!!
    GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT the delays in your case. I hope you get something soon.

In regards to the EAD, there are NO FEES. You just take the appointment letter along with 2 forms of IDs and they'll take your picture right on the spot and they give you the EAD. The whole process should take less than 2 hours going in and out.

Happy 4th of July everyone.

KOKO

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I DID FILE IN LOS ANGELES. ACTUALLY, AN IMMIGRANT CONSULTANT DID THAT FOR US.
    GUESS WHAT, AFTER 7 MONTHS I STILL HAVEN'T GOT MY EAD. I'VE BEEN THERE IN PERSON 3 TIMES IN THE LAST 3 MONTHS, BUT THEY DID NOT GIVE ME AN INTERIM EAD, NEITHER GAVE A REASONABLE EXPLANATION FOR SUCH DELAY.
    THE FIRST TIME, THEY ASKED ME TO FILL OUT AN INQUIRY(to which I never got a reply).
    THE SECOND TIME,THE OFFICER SIMPLY TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD WAIT UNTIL THEY STARTED PROCESSING MY CASE(nonsense!!!EADs are issued whithin 3 months'time!!!)
    THE THIRD TIME, I PAID A LAWYER TO INQUIRE FOR ME(after two weeks, he told me that BCIS could not find form I-765,in other words, THE FOURTH TIME(2 weeks ago) THE IMMIGRANT CONSULTANT AND I WENT THERE IN PERSON -the answer, again, was that they couldn't find my form I-765, and that I should wait 2 weeks more, and if they found it, I should go there again and then they would issue my EAD the same day.However, she asked several times if we were sure it was not sent to me before???!!! )

WELL, I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT WEEK. WHAT THEIR NEXT EXCUSE WILL BE...
    I FINGERPRINTED 3 WEEKS AGO. MAYBE THEY WANT ME TO WAIT FOR MY GC!!!!
    HOW ABOUT THE FEE I PAID TO GET AN EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION???

HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER LUCK!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Anyone else adjusting his/her status (I-485 based on marriage) in Los Angeles??? How long is it taking you?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I filed in Jan 03 did fingerprinting in Feb and are still waiting for my interview invitation letter.
    Please any one with the direct number to Rm 1000 of 300 N LA please list it.
    Not the 1 800 number since they state that its a 2 year wait which everyone knows its not so.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Moving this to the top...............Please comment...Thanks

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks MOOM....Keep me posted.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    deport illegal aliens

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I filed in san francisco/CA on april 15.
    got my receipt of notice on 5/30. went for fingerprints on June 17 and EAD on June 18 2003.
    They said they will send me letter to inform me about my interview date but still have not received it. Hope this can help guys

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Alexajayi,

I did call and they said it takes up to 2 years and that's what is written in their books years ago and what they are supposed to say. In reality it takes less than 2 years and I wanted to see real peeple's experiences.

Thanks for your comments though.....

KOKO

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    why don't you call the bcis 1-800 number? they might be able to fill you in on the CA processing times.
    good luck

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What's the timeline for AOS I485 in CA?

How long does it take from Finger Printing and EAD until being called for an interview?

Thanks

I-485 LA

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic AOS I-485 in California

AOS I-485 in California

What's the timeline for AOS I485 in CA?

How long does it take from Finger Printing and EAD until being called for an interview?

Thanks

I-485 LA
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed