Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deportation a Possibility?

My husband has lived in the US for about 10 years. He has a Green card, although I believe it needs to be renewed in 2004. He was recently arrested for grand theft, estimated losses to the victim are about $10,000. If convicted, is it possible that he would be deported? Would it make any difference that he is married to a US citizen? Any insight/information you could supply on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My husband has lived in the US for about 10 years. He has a Green card, although I believe it needs to be renewed in 2004. He was recently arrested for grand theft, estimated losses to the victim are about $10,000. If convicted, is it possible that he would be deported? Would it make any difference that he is married to a US citizen? Any insight/information you could supply on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

All gc are subject to deportaion no matter if he or she is married to a usc. Once the ground for deportation is proven, better say bye-bye. Theft of that large amount of money is a grave offense or in any amount for that matter, because, that amount to the crime against moral tupitute. After 9/11, the government is now hell bent on deporting undesirable aliens.

Comment

If he is convicted. He may undergo deportation proceedings.

In procedings, if he proves that he has changed since, and has capability of trustfull person, and has made some arrangment to cover loses of victom AND he shows hardships to his USC wife and/or children. INS judge may close preceedings.

Not an easy case.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed