Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, there is some progress .

Your wife qualifies for 245(i), now it is just a matter of getting together the right evidence. Don't worry about the process date: USCIS received a ton of petitions near the April, 2001 deadline and was not able to process all at once.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dcontto:
    ... So is this approval notice a MUST or do we have enough information to submit her petition. Could we make a statement of these verbal confirmations along with the I-485A, receipt number, etc or will USCIS demand the approval letter? I'm sure USCIS will have to check their records as welll of our claims. Thank you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I don't know... (or better, I don't want to mislead you). You can either file I-824 or discuss the matter with a lawyer (who should talk to his liason in USCIS to make sure what will work; unless he/she had similar case before). But that may cost you well above $340

well, dcontto, I think perusing this path (proving brother filed on time) looks more promising than that your wife can be covered as a dependant on a petition for her mother.

But - that's just my opinion...

Good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs