Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Processing time in NY city District office

How long does it take b4 interview based on I-130 and I-485 (marriage with USC) in the NY city BCIS district office?
    Filed last year in September.so far nothing from the BCIS office not even the fingerprint appointment...how long b4 the interview? Please share your RECENT experience with teh New York city BCIS office with time frame.
    Thanks.

How long does it take b4 interview based on I-130 and I-485 (marriage with USC) in the NY city BCIS district office?
    Filed last year in September.so far nothing from the BCIS office not even the fingerprint appointment...how long b4 the interview? Please share your RECENT experience with teh New York city BCIS office with time frame.
    Thanks.

Comment

NY is the worst office of the US. I am not exaggerating, so says the facts. For average processing times check www.shusterman.com/toc-sc.html. NY takes 720 days to grant the residency and 120 days for the work permit.

My case in in the NY office. They received my AOS and EAD application on July 7 and yesterday I received a letter asking me to schedule a date for my fingerprints and biometrical. I called and they said they were overbook and that I have to call next week. I replied "until when you are overbook?, just give me the first date available (even if it is in 6 months)". They answered it doesnt work that way, I have to call again next week.

Comment

If you also filed for a EAD, then the NY office takes 120 days to solve that petition. According to the INS web page, they should resolve the EAD in 90 days. I read in some other web page that, once the 90 days are over, you can call the NY office and ask for an appointment (if you dont ask for an appointment you will have to make the line at the Federal Plaza snd they only deal with the first 100 persons). The day of your appointment, they will take your prints and biometric and maybe give you your EAD.
        My advice: call the NY office.

PS: Maybe the NY office sent me my print notification faster because I applyied for the EAD and because I came to the US with the fiance visa.

Comment

Thanks a lot for you advice, regarding the EAD I am fine just in the process of rewing mine.
          Last year I waited 90days then went to the office with all my receipts and I got it there, even though it took for ever.was in at 8am got out at 3pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well what can we do?? the interview will come one day so we can only wait!

Comment

nyc bcis : 485 processing cases with filing date 07/15/2001 -interview for 11/03 so it~s about 25-26 months .

Comment

Don't be nervous...the waiting time is ridiculous. Expect to receive both Finger Prints appointment and AOS appintment in one correspondence about six months prior to your interview. Since you filed last september, you won't hear from them for another 6 months or so. Just relax and live your life.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation