X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I file????

Hello,

I will be filing the whole package of AOS for my wife. I would like to knoe where I should send it. I live in Illinois. There is a field office in downtown Chicago. Should i send it there or at the Nebraska Service Center? Please help????

Hello,

I will be filing the whole package of AOS for my wife. I would like to knoe where I should send it. I live in Illinois. There is a field office in downtown Chicago. Should i send it there or at the Nebraska Service Center? Please help????

Comment

In your mother's *****.

Comment

Thank you, Passi it shows what kind of upbringing you have.

Comment

I need an answer, please....

Comment

Kristian, check the BCIS official website. They will tell you where to file. Normally AOS package at the Service Center. Like mine, I live in Maryland but I have to file the whole documents at Vermont. I think you have to file at Nebraska, but check in the site. You won't get wrong there. Or you can call BCIS 1800, they will tell where you have to file . I believe the above respond not from Passi...he won't say such things.

Comment

I know it's not Passi (Umesh), anyhow, I think you are right that I cannot go wrong with NE. I probably will go that direction. Thanks

Comment

Service Area:
                The Chicago District includes the states of Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin. The Chicago Office serves the state of Illinois and the following counties in Northwest Indiana: Lake, Porter, LaPorte and St. Joseph.

This information was taken from the BCIS website:

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...go/aboutus.htm

Hope this helps and good luck

Comment

Thats true, but for AOS based on marriage and if the whole package, you can find this instruction in Form I-130 (instruction page Page 2) at No. 10. Where Should you file this form?

If you live in Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, montana, Nebraska, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming, mail this petition to: BCIS Nebraska Service Center.

As I said, call BCIS 1800 (at least 3 times) to confirm they will answer you right . I never call them once to verify information since I know some of them not really good in giving info. Specify your application specifically, inform them that for AOS based on marriage. Good luck .

Comment

This provides AOS Interview Experiences with the Field Office in Chicago. Gives great details on what to expect. Just click on the area in which you are located from the list provided to the left of the page.

http://www.kamya.com/interview/aosint_1.html#IL

Also the BCIS website provides you with the address for Chicago and where to send your forms.

good luck

Comment

They sure don't make it easy for anyone do they Me2

Comment

You're right . Some of them even get confused. May be they are new. To tell you the truth, it took me 1 month to read all the documents (not to say how many times I get confused). Luckily I managed to do all the forms and sent out to VSC on 05/27 and they just transfer it to Baltimore on 06/20. Still long wayyyyyyyyyyyy to go .

Comment

Oh, by the way, I did go to Kamya.com long time ago...its nice to read their experience. Very nice site.

Comment

Yes, for anyone to really understand all of these forms, ect, hopefully they have good english and tremendous comprehension skills.

thanks for all of the extra info. Hope this will help Kristian and best of luck to you also.

Comment

THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs