Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I AM NEW HERE, COULD ANYBODY HELP ME OUT??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I AM NEW HERE, COULD ANYBODY HELP ME OUT??

Hi,

i am married now for 1 year to a LPR, and she filed petition for me (i-130)but things are not going that well. I entered the U.S. legally with an I-94 waiver, but i overstayed and then we got married. I been in the U.S. before, 2 times, and i didnt overstayed then. Anyway, my question is, WILL THE IRS GO AFTER ME IF I DIVORCE MY WIFE? AND CAN I GET MARRIED LATER ON AGAIN, WITH SOMEBODY ELSE?

ANY ADVICE OR INFO ON THIS SUBJECT IS APPRECIATED, THANK YOU

Hi,

i am married now for 1 year to a LPR, and she filed petition for me (i-130)but things are not going that well. I entered the U.S. legally with an I-94 waiver, but i overstayed and then we got married. I been in the U.S. before, 2 times, and i didnt overstayed then. Anyway, my question is, WILL THE IRS GO AFTER ME IF I DIVORCE MY WIFE? AND CAN I GET MARRIED LATER ON AGAIN, WITH SOMEBODY ELSE?

ANY ADVICE OR INFO ON THIS SUBJECT IS APPRECIATED, THANK YOU

Comment

If you divorce before your interview BCIS will not haunt you but your AOS might be withdrawn so you will have to leave the country.

Remarrying might raise suspicion about your motives.

Comment

yes if you divorce yr wife and get maried again you can still file for AOS and get your green card if your second spouse is USC and yr marriage is real one and not fake...
        there is no problem regarding yr overstay if your mary a USC.
        Why are you talking about IRS ? dO YOU MEAN ins ????
        Good luck

Comment

oh shit. IRS??? what was i thinking, i am sorry. you are right, i meant the INS, my bad.

thanks hello

XANDTRICK? suspicion? there is no need for that, because if i get married its out of love and not the greencard. i just dont wanna get thrown out of the U.S. , because i like it here. I mean i made a mistake, i didnt know things were gonna get bad between me and my wife, plus i like it here in the U.S. and i dont wanna get banned for 10 years. and i am a DUTCH citizen, so idont need to get married JUST TO GET A GREENCARD.

Comment

I don't understand. Being a Dutch citizen doesn't give you any special immigration priveleges. People from 3rd world countries aren't the only ones who have been known to marry just for a green card. It kind of annoys me how Europeans are on this high horse thinking that they are sooooooo special.

Comment

Just to add- being a Dutch or citizen of any other countries does not give any right or privilege to you to live in U.S. permanantely, instead you will be treated same as others if you want to live here.

Comment

You are now married to a LPR????
                ...you cannot stay in the US to adjust you status (only a marriage to a USC allows you to stay in The US while adjusting your status)
                ..so you have been in overstay for over a year and are subject to the 10 year bar.

If the INS finds you, you will be deported and banned for 10 years.

Comment

Correction : marriage to an LPR DOES allow you to stay in the US and file for AOS.

Overstay will be pardonned as a result of the marriage.

Comment

No, if you are married to a LPR you have to stay in status while waiting for AOS...you have to be on some kind of visa to stay in legal status.... like H-1 or F-1...if you are not in status then you have to leave to Country and wait till your priority date is current.

If his wife becomes a USC then its okay, but right now she is a LPR.

The overstay is pardonned only for marriage to USC not LPR!

Comment

Of course, he could wait untill his wife becomes USC, then the overstay will pardonned.

But in the meantime, he has to hide and if INS catch him, he will be deported and subject to the 10 year bar.

And in his situation, his marriage is going bad...so he won't even be able to wait untill his wife becomes USC...

Comment

Benny, I need more information to help you.

Did you get an EAD (work permit) yet?

Did you receive any letter from INS since you filed your AOS?

Did they say that your AOS has been accepted for processing or did they ask you to send more paperwork?

Did they tell you when the interview will take place?

Did your wife apply for Citizenship and when?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation