Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Stamped today!

I went for my interview today and it was approved. The interview was one of the easiest things I have ever had to do. We were in and out in 10-15 minutes tops!
    So anyway after not being able to go home for 21 months, I can now officially hop on a plane to head home to visit my family!
    Thanks so much for everyone who has helped me through my time on here!

I went for my interview today and it was approved. The interview was one of the easiest things I have ever had to do. We were in and out in 10-15 minutes tops!
    So anyway after not being able to go home for 21 months, I can now officially hop on a plane to head home to visit my family!
    Thanks so much for everyone who has helped me through my time on here!

Comment

Congratulations Martha!!!

I think it would be helpful for others if you post your experience in the interview. Such as questions asked, waiting periods, etc.

Have a good day and a wonderful trip!

Comment

Hi all,

Well basically our interview was in Dallas,TX at 12:45 and we didn't get called in until 1:30. When we first walked in, we went and I gave my fingerprint and signed my name. Then we went into the office where we had to swear an oath that we were going to tell the truth.
        She then basically just asked to see our SS Cards and Picture ID. She then asked me some questions that I had already previously answered.
        Such as, " Have you ever been arrested?, Have you ever been deported before? etc......
        Then that was pretty much it.
        She did not ask ANY personal questions at all. Not even where we met or how long we were together. I am not kidding when I say NOTHING personal at all. We were on in there about 10 minutes approx. The lady was sooooooo nice and made us feel so great. We brought in photo al***s and cards etc... and she didn't ask to see it but seemed to be impressed that we had it all anyway.
        There is only a month age difference between us, so that helped and I am also from Canada so that is looked upon favourable is what our lawyer said anyway.
        Well hope this all helps.
        martha,
        by the way from the day we filed to today getting stamped it was 2 weeks short of 15 months, so not too bad.

Comment

You have to change your I-9 with your employer so that they stop bugging you every year. Also, social security card needs to be changed to a normal one.

EAD is gone when you go to the interview, the agent takes it nad you get an I-551 temporary stamp (valid fpr 1 year) and you should get the plastic green card in the mail in 6-8 months generally.

Comment

Congrats!!!! I know the feeling My application started from 27th May 2003 and approved on 19th November 2003. Mine from Visitor Visa (B2).

Comment

congratulations Martha ....

Comment

congrats Martha!!

Comment

Congratulations Martha, glad it went so smoothly!

Comment

congratulations Martha HAVE FUN.

Raju

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources