Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disorderly persons offence of military personnel

i had been convicted of a disorderly persons offence in a municipal court about 4 1/2 years ago. the maximum time for this offence was 6 months. i was found guilty by the judge and order to pay a fine. there was no probation etc.this was my only offence.
    i have also been in the Military four 6 years as a reservist. i had been called out to the 9/11 incident. however, only served for 5 days. i have read that persons who have served since 9/11 can apply for citizenship before 5 years. do i qualify for this. does the three year requirement for good behavior apply to reservist?
    please help.

i had been convicted of a disorderly persons offence in a municipal court about 4 1/2 years ago. the maximum time for this offence was 6 months. i was found guilty by the judge and order to pay a fine. there was no probation etc.this was my only offence.
    i have also been in the Military four 6 years as a reservist. i had been called out to the 9/11 incident. however, only served for 5 days. i have read that persons who have served since 9/11 can apply for citizenship before 5 years. do i qualify for this. does the three year requirement for good behavior apply to reservist?
    please help.

Comment

Hi!!
      have you ever go to Base legal?
      They might help you.
      explain them your situation, so they will find a person who can resolve your problem!!
      you can call the Military base near you or where you work as reservist, then ask them!!
      you have arights to use this service since you are serve for the country.even you're not USC.
      Good luck!!

Comment

Disorderly person sounds not severe enough to make you permanently ineligable for naturalization. Especially then you say that the maximum possible sentence for it is 6 months!

Depending on the exact nature of the offense, your national origin, religous background etc. you may have some more difficulty to establish your part of the burden to proof "good moral character", but in general, I'd wait for at least the 5 yrs. to complete, since that is going to be a must for establishing the ever so important "goood moral character" with your criminal history.

As a reservists, you probably don't have the benefit of the military legal aid system – unless you're currently active duty. Military lawyers handle a completely different law system anyway and wouldn't be to helpful for your case in my opinion!

Gather all the facts and notirized court documents, and consult a good attorney. Good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation