Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 visa related problems

My cousin is from the Philippines and came here to the USA on a V2 visa(Child of a LPR). Her mother is a LPR and filed the V2 visa. On January 14, 2002 my cousin turned 21. So as you may know her visa terminated on that date. Her I-94 is as follows: Admit 9/28/2001 and Expires 9/28/2003. Her I-130 Notice of Action date and approval 9/28/1997. In short, this woman came to the USA when she was 20 and then about 4 months later turned 21. I'm trying to find out what her status is now. Does she have to leave the country. Will the 180 day/1 year rule concerning overstaying her visa affect her? What can be done to get her a EAD/SS#. I want to know is their help for her to stay in the USA and be able to work while waiting for her I-130 visa to become available. Also has her turning 21 affected her I-130 Visa approval. If anyone has any answers for these questions it would be great?

Many Thanks!!!!

My cousin is from the Philippines and came here to the USA on a V2 visa(Child of a LPR). Her mother is a LPR and filed the V2 visa. On January 14, 2002 my cousin turned 21. So as you may know her visa terminated on that date. Her I-94 is as follows: Admit 9/28/2001 and Expires 9/28/2003. Her I-130 Notice of Action date and approval 9/28/1997. In short, this woman came to the USA when she was 20 and then about 4 months later turned 21. I'm trying to find out what her status is now. Does she have to leave the country. Will the 180 day/1 year rule concerning overstaying her visa affect her? What can be done to get her a EAD/SS#. I want to know is their help for her to stay in the USA and be able to work while waiting for her I-130 visa to become available. Also has her turning 21 affected her I-130 Visa approval. If anyone has any answers for these questions it would be great?

Many Thanks!!!!

Comment

could you share some information about timelines?

how long was the parent an LPR before she actually sponsored her child and how long did it take for the child to be able to come (1997, is that the date the application was put in? and then did the child come, or was s/he here already adjusting her/his status?)

Comment

I came here in the US using V2 visa,but my visa expired when i turned 21.V2 visa expires when you reach your 21st bday.And after or before the visa expires,you have to find another status.Just like me i enrolled in a school to get a student visa,because if you do nothing.You will be out of status then.So right now im on a F1 visa,while waiting for my I-130 petition to be current.And yes,it will affect your cousins status to adjust here in US....because she didnt find another status to make her in-status.In tagalog,since taga pinas ka rin naman pala.Kase noong dumating din ako dito sa america,tinanong ako nung immigration officer kung kelan ang 21st bday ko sabi ko naman nov.2002,pero nilagay na nya sa I-94 ko eh July 2004.So pinunit nya uli yung I-94 at nilagay niya na eh nOv.2002 ang expiration.Nag consult nako ng lawyer at sabi nya sakin eh,mag convert daw ako from V2 to F1 (student visa)Kase kung hindi daw ako mag coconvert at ma-out of status ako eh baka di daw ako makakapag-adjust ng status dito kung maging current na yung priority date ng petition ko which is Dec.1998 pa.So ayun,nag-apply nga ako ng student visa at na-approve naman.Tapos ayun,nag-apply din ako ng working permit noon,pero na disapproved kase 21 na ako by that time,kase ba naman 5mos.bago nag-reply ang INS so ayun,ganun nga ang nangyari.At syempre kung wala kang working permit,you cannnot get a SSN.Pero ngayon pwede akong kumuha ng SSN,pero kailngan pa ng consent from my school.So anywayz if you have questions just just give me your pnhone # so that we can talk about our nakakainis na V2 visa....gosh!ok!

Comment

So what about this situation then. M has a "valid" dependent E-2 visa stamped on his passport (his father is the principal E-2 visa holder). M's visa expires in 2005, while his I-94 expires in 2004. However, M turned 21 last January 2003. Now M has to land in Canada to get his Canadian immigrant status, but wants to go back to the U.S. to finish his senior year in college. Will M be allowed to go back in by the U.S. immigration?

Comment

Your cousin need to find the way how she could adjust her status here in the u.s. Don't let her visa expire or the only thing that she can find her way is to marry in the u.s.

Comment

edz

Thanks for your reply. My email is SkiingWyoming@msn.com Please email me there and we can continue our discussion in private.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs