Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me

I am a u.s. citizen who lives in n.y.c.I am sponsoring my wife to obtain her legal permanent residency.WE are scheduled to have the adjustment of status interview on feb.5.In 1989 I was convicted of a drug related felony . this is the only time that i have been in trouble.I understand that the I.N.S. is now doing security checks on both the petitioner and the petitioner.Is there a chance that the I.N.S. will come up with this information and deny the application.My wifes attorneys says not to worry.For the past 5 years I have been working for N.Y. state,so it is obvious that i am not any kind of security risk.

I am a u.s. citizen who lives in n.y.c.I am sponsoring my wife to obtain her legal permanent residency.WE are scheduled to have the adjustment of status interview on feb.5.In 1989 I was convicted of a drug related felony . this is the only time that i have been in trouble.I understand that the I.N.S. is now doing security checks on both the petitioner and the petitioner.Is there a chance that the I.N.S. will come up with this information and deny the application.My wifes attorneys says not to worry.For the past 5 years I have been working for N.Y. state,so it is obvious that i am not any kind of security risk.

Comment

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...391#1556064391

Comment

just a guess, but I think there might be a problem if you were the immigrant, but since you are the USC, I imagine that all will go well!!

Comment

It won't bother them unless you have any outstanding warrants, then they'll notify the police.

Comment

yea , my wife has a felony and is also on probation?

Comment

hi this is the original author of this matter.I would appreciate anybody elses opinion .As the date of the interview gets nearer and nearer i feel more nervous,even though my wifes attorney says not to worry.Thank you for everybody,s support.

Comment

You are USC and you have sponsored your wife. There will be no problem. Attorney for your wife is right. If your wife had a conviction, then there should have been a problem. If you are convicted of illegal alien smuggling or Immigration fraud, then there could be a problem.
                Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed