Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY RESIDENT CARD

I AM AN INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL STUDENT..I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY BAYLOR COLLEGE OF MEDICINE IN TEXAS TO DO MY RESIDENCY..UNFORTUNATELY THEY HAD TO REBUKE THEIR DECISION BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE MY RESIDENT PERMANENT CARD YET..I ONLY HAVE MY WORK PERMIT.....MY RESIDENT CARD WOULD BE GIVEN TO ME IN 6 MONTHS....BUT THE RESIDENT PROGRAM STARTS IN LESS THEN 60 DAYS.....I WILL LOSE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY THIS YEAR BECAUSE OF THIS..THESE 6 MONTHS WILL HINDER MY CHANCE TO START THIS YEAR..IS THERE A WAY A LAWYER CAN REPRESENT ME IN FRONT OF AN IMMIGRATION JUDGE FOR A HEARING AND PETITION TO GET MY RESIDENCY CARD QUICKER. I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING IN MY PART TO MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS FOR MY PERMANENT RESIDENCY CARD.. THIS OPPORTUNITY DOESN'T COME TWICE..I WAS PICKED AMONG 1000 OTHER APPLICANTS..AND ONLY 6 OF US WERE PICKED....THIS WILL NOT COME TRUE THIS YEAR BECAUE OF THE DELAY OF MY PERMANENT RESIDENCY CARD..ONLY 6 MONTHS MAKES A DIFFERENCE...PLEASE I AM DEVASTATED AND ANXIOUS!! WHAT CAN I DO....

I AM AN INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL STUDENT..I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY BAYLOR COLLEGE OF MEDICINE IN TEXAS TO DO MY RESIDENCY..UNFORTUNATELY THEY HAD TO REBUKE THEIR DECISION BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE MY RESIDENT PERMANENT CARD YET..I ONLY HAVE MY WORK PERMIT.....MY RESIDENT CARD WOULD BE GIVEN TO ME IN 6 MONTHS....BUT THE RESIDENT PROGRAM STARTS IN LESS THEN 60 DAYS.....I WILL LOSE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY THIS YEAR BECAUSE OF THIS..THESE 6 MONTHS WILL HINDER MY CHANCE TO START THIS YEAR..IS THERE A WAY A LAWYER CAN REPRESENT ME IN FRONT OF AN IMMIGRATION JUDGE FOR A HEARING AND PETITION TO GET MY RESIDENCY CARD QUICKER. I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING IN MY PART TO MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS FOR MY PERMANENT RESIDENCY CARD.. THIS OPPORTUNITY DOESN'T COME TWICE..I WAS PICKED AMONG 1000 OTHER APPLICANTS..AND ONLY 6 OF US WERE PICKED....THIS WILL NOT COME TRUE THIS YEAR BECAUE OF THE DELAY OF MY PERMANENT RESIDENCY CARD..ONLY 6 MONTHS MAKES A DIFFERENCE...PLEASE I AM DEVASTATED AND ANXIOUS!! WHAT CAN I DO....

Comment

if the hospital has decided to give that position to a legal perm. resident or USC and your adjustment is yet not final, there is nothing that can be done (in my opinion).

You can inform BCIS about the circumstances and kindly request some kind of proof that you're being processed, but I don't think you can force BCIS in a court to speed things up...

Comment

olyhernandez, to me it seems absurd that you would miss out on such an opportunity because of bureaucracy. Have you received the approval notice yet and are you just waiting for the card itself? I have very little knowledge in this matter, but to me it seems that they should be able to accept you with the kind of evidence you have already. Can't you just get the stamp in the passport until you receive the card? Shouldn't that be enough?

Comment

This is ridiculous. Why wouldnt they accept your EAD?

Make sure to take long time when a BCIS officer comes to you for medical needs. They deserve some wait also?

Comment

EAD is not a green card -- each particular EAD is valid for one year only and Immigration can stop renewing it as and when they wish. It is simply not a Green Card, even though it bears your A#. The final determination whether you are eligible for PR is made only on the day of the interview.

Bottom Line: serious universities/graduate schools, high-level positions that may require security clearances won't consider you a perma resident just because you've filed for AOS (i.e., you are in the process of becoming a permanent resident.)

Comment

Try to give 'em your A# only -- you never know: I'm not saying they're necessarily stupid and will get lied to, but you never know...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation