No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has the 245 been extended? I thought I may have read it somewhere on fairus.org. Please any info about this and what the particulars are would be great. Also if it has not been extended then where is it standing in Congress? Thank you in advance.

has the 245 been extended? I thought I may have read it somewhere on fairus.org. Please any info about this and what the particulars are would be great. Also if it has not been extended then where is it standing in Congress? Thank you in advance.

Comment

245a is extended. last date of filling is june 5th 2003

Comment

are there any specifics you can give me? What qualifies someone and so forth? Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Do not believe the rumors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

check the Info under 8 CFR 245a filling procedure its clearly says the filling period. I just cut and paste these info to another reply .

Comment

2) Proper filing of application --

(i) Under section 245. (A) An immigrant visa must be immediately available in order for an alien to properly file an adjustment application under section 245 of the Act See § 245.1(g)(1) to determine whether an immigrant visa is immediately available. (Paragraph (a)(2)(i) revised 7/31/02; 67 FR 49561)

(B) If, at the time of filing, approval of a visa petition filed for classification under section 201(b)(2)(A)(i), section 203(a) or section 203(b)(1), (2) or (3) of the Act would make a visa immediately available to the alien beneficiary, the alien beneficiary's adjustment application will be considered properly filed whether submitted concurrently with or subsequent to the visa petition, provided that it meets the filing requirements contained in parts 103 and 245. For any other classification, the alien beneficiary may file the adjustment application only after the Service has approved the visa petition.

(C) A visa petition and an adjustment application are concurrently filed only if:

(1) The visa petitioner and adjustment applicant each file their respective form at the same time, bundled together within a single mailer or delivery packet, with the proper filing fees on the same day and at the same Service office, or;

(2) the visa petitioner filed the visa petition, for which a visa number has become immediately available, on, before or after July 31, 2002, and the adjustment applicant files the adjustment application, together with the proper filing fee and a copy of the Form I-797, Notice of Action, establishing the receipt and acceptance by the Service of the underlying Form I-140 visa petition, at the same Service office at which the visa petitioner filed the visa petition, or;

(3) The visa petitioner filed the visa petition, for which a visa number has become immediately available, on, before, or after July 31, 2002, and the adjustment applicant files the adjustment application, together with proof of payment of the filing fee with the Service and a copy of the Form I-797 Notice of Action establishing the receipt and acceptance by the Service of the underlying Form I-140 visa petition, with the Immigration Court or the Board of Immigration Appeals when jurisdiction lies under paragraph (a)(1) of this section.

Comment

This is cut and paste from the Law DB

Sec. 245a.12 Filing and applications.

(a) When to file. The application period began on June 1, 2001, and
                ends on June 4, 2003. To benefit from the provisions of LIFE
                Legalization, an alien must properly file an application for adjustment
                of status, Form I-485, with appropriate fee, to the Service during the
                application period as described in this section. All applications,
                whether filed in the United States or filed from abroad, must be
                postmarked on or before June 4, 2003, to be considered timely filed.
                (1) If the postmark is illegible or missing, and the application
                was mailed from within the United States, the Service will consider the
                application to

[[Page 38351]]

be timely filed if it is received on or before June 9, 2003.
                (2) If the postmark is illegible or missing, and the application
                was mailed from outside the United States, the Service will consider
                the application to be timely filed if it is received on or before June
                18, 2003.
                (3) If the postmark is made by other than the United States Post
                Office, and is filed from within the United States, the application
                must bear a date on or before June 4, 2003, and must be received on or
                before June 9, 2003.
                (4) If an application filed from within the United States bears a
                postmark that was made by other than the United States Post Office,
                bears a date on or before June 4, 2003, and is received after June 9,
                2003, the alien must establish:
                (i) That the application was actually deposited in the mail before
                the last collection of the mail from the place of deposit that was
                postmarked by the United States Post Office June 4, 2003; and
                (d) * * *
                (1) The Form I-485 application fee as contained in 8 CFR
                103.7(b)(1).
                (2) The fee for fingerprinting as contained in 8 CFR 103.7(b)(1),
                if the applicant is between the ages of 14 and 79.
                (10) Proof of citizenship skills as described in Sec. 245a.17. This
                proof may be submitted either at the time of filing the application,
                subsequent to filing the application but prior to the interview, or at
                the time of the interview.
                (f) Evidence. * * * Subject to verification by the Service, if the
                evidence required to be submitted by the applicant is already contained
                in the Service's file or databases relating to the applicant, the
                applicant may submit a statement to that effect in lieu of the actual
                documentation.

Comment

so there is an extension. so i can petition for my spouse who entered illegally. We missed last cutoff because of some confusion.

Comment

Yes, You can..

Comment

I think its not for the alien who entered without inspection.

Comment

unless , CSS OR LULAC

Comment

245(a) is a general instruction to file I-485 when a visa is available.

The original poster meant 245(i), which allows illegal immigrant who is a beneficiary of an immigrant petition to ADJUST his status IN THE US without leaving the country. Ai ?

245(i) is still in debating, if not dead already, in the twilight land of D.C. Ai ? It's a big news if it's actually extended, and there should be posting all around the corners. Ai ?

SO HE MEANT 245(I), NOT 245(A)

AI ?

Comment

the kind of rumors that hurt and HAUNT the immigration community.

2 bad, ai ?

Comment

That is, the alien must be PHYSICALLY present in the US on or before December 21, 2000. Ai ? And you DID NOT EVEN mention this requirements, hence you WERE COMPLETELY misunderstood the question, ai ?

Be careful next time, ai ?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed