Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohon and Others........Please Explain

Experts, could you please explain me the 2nd paragraph of the INS rule stated below. I appreciate your help.

INA 212(a)(6)(A) ("6A") renders inadmissible aliens present in the U.S.without having been admitted or paroled, or who arrive at an unauthorized entry point.

This provision applies only to arriving aliens and aliens already present in the U.S., and therefore it is not applicable to visa applications and is not a possible ground of visa refusal.

The class code for this ineligibility is 6AW. It is only available for INS use.

Experts, could you please explain me the 2nd paragraph of the INS rule stated below. I appreciate your help.

INA 212(a)(6)(A) ("6A") renders inadmissible aliens present in the U.S.without having been admitted or paroled, or who arrive at an unauthorized entry point.

This provision applies only to arriving aliens and aliens already present in the U.S., and therefore it is not applicable to visa applications and is not a possible ground of visa refusal.

The class code for this ineligibility is 6AW. It is only available for INS use.

Comment

The above clause is changed and preserved in IRRIRA act of 1996.
      here is the new one.

(6) Illegal entrants and immigration violators.-

(A) ALIENS PRESENT WITHOUT admission or parole.-

(i) In general.-An alien present in the United States without being admitted or paroled, or who arrives in the United States at any time or place other than as designated by the Attorney General, is inadmissible.

the above means Alien entered illegally.

Comment

"is inadmissible", does it means that he can not get any visa for future entry, if he is out of USA now?

Comment

Yes , thats what it means. But their are some options. which depends upon legally obtain status, etc etc.Example marrying to USC and obtain a waiver, will allow the visa.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation