Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    If a person have already been interviewed he/she should contact the INS and find out why the delay with his/her Life Legalization application.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The whole interview took 20 minutes, The document I gave to the INS officer are work letter, bank statement and an affidavit from a friend. The INS officer ask me eight civic question about the history of the United States, he also ask me to write one Sentence, (People in America have the right to freedom).
    I filed my I-485 at Milwaukee INS office, and my interview was in Milwaukee.
    The whole process of my case from filling to get my passport stamped took 9 months and 10 days.
    Also I forgot to tell you, one of my cousin lives in Waukegan, Illinois was approved in the last
    Week of December 2002

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Congratulations Quntario. It's a wonderfull news and you are one of the very few LIFE members who got their petition approved. I was interviewed in march of 2002 and I'm still waiting to hear from them. Hopefully it will be done soon.
    Best wishes to you and good luck to all my LIFE friends who are still waiting for the good news.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Quntario :

Congratulations on your approval for permanent resident.

I too am LULAC.I just got a letter from INS TExas asking me to send a list of all the countries that I had visited since 1982.

Can you kindly share with us about your interview?? What documents did you have to bring?? What did INS officer ask you?? Where was your interview (what city??)

Also for your LULAC/LIFE case, which application did you use (I-485 or I-687??? When did you file and which office??

Please share your experience. Tell us everything. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm LULC/Life applicant, I did my interview in Jan 13 2003, and after the interview the INS office told me he would send me a dision within one month after he finish with the security check, after 10 days I got a call from the INS officer telling me my that he done with my check with the FBI and my case approved, I want the second day to the INS office and they stamp my passport as a permanent resident and they told me I'll receive my Green card in the mail within six month, and in case I want to travel the stamp in my passport in prove of my permanent resident status. Good luck to every Life applicant.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Good news. INS Commissioner is going to be holding a press conference to announce a campaign to encourage individuals to apply for permanency under the LIFE Act. Hopefully, this means that INS will start approving applications soon.

http://www.ilw.com/lawyers/immigdail...,0127-life.pdf

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi AZ,
    My case is CSS/LIFE I applied back in April 2002.
    I did my fingerprint after one month and I got my work card in August 2002. Now I'm still waiting for my interview letter. Also Vermont Service Center approves my Questionnaire form and now my application is pending at Texas Service Center. So I have to cases one CSS at TSC and the other LIFE at MSC.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Correction: "I don't know much about your case"

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello Hope:

I have posted the details of my friend's special registration experience in a separate thread. As far as the I-94, I don't much about case but it was not an issue for me or my friend. Don't sweat too much about it. WHat's the status of your application and when do you expect your interview?
    Let me know.
    Best Wishes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you AZ for your response, the reason I ask about I-94, because I lost mine and I'm afraid I'd have problem when my Life interview come.
    The strange things about your and your friend's cases, you done with your interview and you have all documents that show you were here since 1982. The final Life regulation came long time ago, and until now your cases not approved, I think you gays should contact the INS regularly to check and ask why they did not approve
    your cases yet, you can't wait forever, these cases had been pending for long time.
    Also please tell us about your friend who want to register with the INS, Did they encounter any problem with the INS, what kind of question the INS ask them and what kind of document the INS ask for, Please keep us posted and thank you
    for your update. God blesses.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello Hope: No, she didn't ask for my I-94, infact I don't even have my I-94, I think I have misplaced it. In any event, When I requested my file through the FOIA, it had a copy of my I-94. I asked my friend and he also says that she never asked anything about I-94.

By the way, my friend went to register today, it went fine and I'll write the details shortly.

Why are you asking about I-94?

Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello AZ;
    After your and your friends Life Act interview with the INS, Did the INS officer ask
    for or took your I-94 card. I know no decision on your case happened yet.
    If they did not take your I-94 yet, will the INS ask for your card if they approve
    your case in the future. How about in case a person Life act denied, Does the
    INS take the person I-94 or just keep it the person. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello Hope:

No response from the INS yet but I have heard that he freeze has been lifted. Couple of my friends in Chicago who have very similar case as mine are planning to go to INS tomorrow to register. I'll hopefully post the detail tomorrow. I'm planning to register in early february and at the same time I'll try to find the status of most case.

Best wishes and keep in touch.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi AZ:
    Any new development with your case, Did you get any response from the INS about your case or its still pending, Also did you register with the INS for the special registration, please update us about your case and if other Life Legalization case been approved lately if you know about. Thank you...Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The freeze applies to all I-485 applications. Here's an excerpt from The Oh Law Firm:

"The INS HQ is reluctant to admit it officially, but currently adjudication of I-485 is on hold across the board. No one knows what has caused the decision of freeze and more importantly when it will be lifted. It reminds people of the long and painful freeze of 485 applications a few years back pending CIA clearance, which contributed to a mountain of 485 backlogs to the level of over 2 years of 485 processing times. No one knows the exact cause this time around, but one wonders whether it has something to do with the on-going special registration programs. Please stay tuned to this web site for development of this news."
    http://www.immigration-law.com/

As for the LIFE applications, for some reason, very few applications have been approved. Excerpt from SJ INS:
    "G. LIFE Legalization - this question posed by Crystal Williams, the Director of Liaison & Information of AILA

The Missouri Service Center reports it sent more than 14,000 LIFE Legalization cases to the DO's for interviews and final processing. Out of the 14,000, they have received back ONLY 55 cases for card processing and are at a loss as to what is wrong. Three possibilities are presented:
    a. Interviews have not happened yet;
    b. Interviews held but cases are being continued or denied;
    c. Interviews held and files were sent to the wrong Service Center (i.e the SC with jurisdiction over residence rather than the MSC).

What is happening at the SJ INS office? Are the cases being interviewed? If so, to which service center are the files sent for card processing? Please advise.

We are in the process of scheduling all 200 cases that we have received in SNJ. We have approved approx. 10% of these cases so far. Now that final regulations have been published, it is expected that we will be adjudicating these cases as quickly as possible. In fact, we have scheduled LIFE interviews each interview day in January.

Meeting notes:

The problem SJ INS is experiencing is sufficient evidence to prove continuous and physical residence."
    http://www.scv-aila.org/Local%20INS%...ison%20Mtg.doc

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed