Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consular processing question

I applied at the consulate in Frankfurt, Germany for my husband's immigrant visa in March 2002. I have been living in Germany with him. We had our interview at the consulate on September 4, 2002. We did not hear anything more until October 1, 2002 when the consulate sent me a letter saying they were waiting for additional info from the INS to complete the processing. The last communication we had from the consulate was a letter dated November 21, 2002 saying they had received the additional information from INS and would be contacting us shortly. We have heard nothing since.We have been married for three years and three months now. I have sent faxes to the consulate but do not receive any reply. Trying to phone there is a joke; either there is no answer or a busy signal or answering machine. Once a woman actually did answer and simply told me, "call back tomorrow." Of course, I never got through again. Does anyone know of any way to find out the status of this case? The usual methods don't work, such an online status check or calling the National Visa Center. Filing directly at the consulate one can only get case status from the consulate, but the question is...how???

I applied at the consulate in Frankfurt, Germany for my husband's immigrant visa in March 2002. I have been living in Germany with him. We had our interview at the consulate on September 4, 2002. We did not hear anything more until October 1, 2002 when the consulate sent me a letter saying they were waiting for additional info from the INS to complete the processing. The last communication we had from the consulate was a letter dated November 21, 2002 saying they had received the additional information from INS and would be contacting us shortly. We have heard nothing since.We have been married for three years and three months now. I have sent faxes to the consulate but do not receive any reply. Trying to phone there is a joke; either there is no answer or a busy signal or answering machine. Once a woman actually did answer and simply told me, "call back tomorrow." Of course, I never got through again. Does anyone know of any way to find out the status of this case? The usual methods don't work, such an online status check or calling the National Visa Center. Filing directly at the consulate one can only get case status from the consulate, but the question is...how???

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation