Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help. please!

Hello, I am a 30 years old man, I visited the USA in 1990 ( 6 month visa ) I went back in Oct 2001 with my wife (3 month visa ) and I just came back from Puerto rico last week ( We have a tourist visa which expires March 16th,2003 with 1 entry ) So I have been 3 times in the USA and Have not overstayed, (it is not my intention iether ) my question is:
    1. Can we get at least 1 year multiple entry tourist visa next time i ask for a visa????

2. Should we go back to the consulate before the 16th of march when our visa expires or after that, as we only had 1 entry????

3. I thought after the first time you visit ones get at least 1 year or five year visa, what are my chances next time???

thanks

Hello, I am a 30 years old man, I visited the USA in 1990 ( 6 month visa ) I went back in Oct 2001 with my wife (3 month visa ) and I just came back from Puerto rico last week ( We have a tourist visa which expires March 16th,2003 with 1 entry ) So I have been 3 times in the USA and Have not overstayed, (it is not my intention iether ) my question is:
    1. Can we get at least 1 year multiple entry tourist visa next time i ask for a visa????

2. Should we go back to the consulate before the 16th of march when our visa expires or after that, as we only had 1 entry????

3. I thought after the first time you visit ones get at least 1 year or five year visa, what are my chances next time???

thanks

Comment

There are no set rules for issuance of multipal entry visa 1 or 5 years. Due to current enhanced security situation, you might not get multipal entry visa, however, by returning before expiry of your time, you have established that you are a bona-fide visitors. Still it depends on visa officer.

Comment

Hello,

I think that you will need to leave the US on or before March 16th, or if you have some reasons to prolong your journey here and you can document that, you may request an extension of your visa.

You will use the form I-539, which is available on the INS website. It has instructions on how to use it.

Concerning your future trips to the U.S., you will have to go to their consulate in your country and request a multiple entry visa, with supporting documentation of that need. [Business trips, conventions, etc.].

Good luck,

Guest.

Comment

Do not go to Consualte before expiry of your visa but you should only apply for visa when you really want to visit next time. Applying visa before expiry of current visa can creat doubts in visa officer's mind that you are making grounds to seek a multipal visa. This will go negative for sure.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation