You Say Immigrants Are Patriots? NOT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a little bit of a different take on it.

None of the articles I've read have stated that she complained about it just for the fact it was an American flag, just that she complained. She may have been bothered by the placement, nothing more. Lets not forget it was a large flag raised in a small office shared by 4 people so there's a good chance it could have gotten in the way and impeded movement, vision and other work functions. What's to say that's not what her issue was with it?

The supervisor is even more culpable, in my opinion. The situation was handled poorly. Instead of saying "OK, we've had a complaint regarding this, these are the reasons why, what can we do to sort it?", she took matters in to her own hands and acted like an idiot, forcing the media meltdown and the hype and forcing management to kowtow.

And before any of you say "Oh, but you're an immigrant, of course you have no respect for our flag" (because I know that some of the ingrates here will do that), I have an American flag flying in my yard.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">None of the articles I've read have stated that she complained about it just for the fact it was an American flag, just that she complained. She may have been bothered by the placement, nothing more. Lets not forget it was a large flag raised in a small office shared by 4 people so there's a good chance it could have gotten in the way and impeded movement, vision and other work functions. What's to say that's not what her issue was with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point Aroha. Ingrates? Maybe Inbreds
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

From the story:

"When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. 'I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'' McLucas said."

The immigrant found the Flag of These United States OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!!!

So, where are all you patriotic immigrants?

Comment

Offensive being the optimum word . . . maybe it was a bit large to be hung in an office, but I think the whole situation was handled poorly.

Comment

The hospital made a statement the other day saying it was over the size of the flag only.

However now they have made another statement on their website..

Louisville, KY (May 28, 2009) – Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (the "Company") (NYSE: KND) issued this statement today regarding an incident involving an American flag at Kindred Hopital Mansfield:

We are offended one of our employees took down a colleague's American flag in our Mansfield, TX hospital. It was wrong and as soon as we learned about it we took immediate action to correct the situation. At no time did anyone at Kindred Healthcare instruct anyone to take down the American flag. This was an unauthorized act of an individual employee. The flag is now proudly displayed once again, and we apologize to all who were equally offended by this unpatriotic action, including the owner of the flag. We have reprimanded the employee and let them know we don't tolerate behavior inconsistent with our Company's values.

To watch a video version of this statement from Kindred Hospital Division President Benjamin A. Breier, click here: video statement

source

I am wondering why the sudden change of statement. Before they made it out to be something between the two employees over the 'size' of flag and they asked for it to be taken down, now a turn around saying they had nothing to do with it. Hmmm
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
            1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am wondering why the sudden change of statement. Before they made it out to be something between the two employees over the 'size' of flag and they asked for it to be taken down, now a turn around saying they had nothing to do with it. Hmmm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To remove themselves from a lawsuit most likely!
              "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
                From the story:

"When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. 'I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'' McLucas said."

The immigrant found the Flag of These United States OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!!!

So, where are all you patriotic immigrants? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the angry woman who ran to the media said her boss said the other supervisor said ...

It's hearsay and wouldn't even be admissible in a court of law.

As for this immigrant, I'm not an American citizen, therefore I do not owe my allegiance to the flag. I respect the country that allows me to live in it, I abide by it's laws and I show respect to it's flag.

If and when I do become a citizen, that will change but in the meantime, I'll keep doing what I'm doing and ignore the inbreeds (thanks Brit!) that lump all immigrants in to the same category because of the actions of a mere few.
                The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Not when you might as well be playing a game of chinese whispers, Dav

Comment

AYE. And the AYES have it.

Comment

Dav, it is taken from a video, so it is accurate. Just look at that commie's face. He is having a real bad day.

But, as to disloyal immigrants, like Aroha, the minority is the loyal immigrant. Most are like Aroha, disloyal. And, yes, you do have a legal obligation to be loyal to the U.S. Note that legal permanent residents can be tried for treason and sedition.

And three cheers for the Chief of the Saigon police, Lt. Colonel Nguyen Ngoc Loan. Great shot. Justice served. The only good commie is a dead commie. Just like Manali's boyfriends.

Comment

OK, the photo and video were separate, but documented the same event. And, statistically, there is no difference between the possibility of photographing one event in a chain than another event. In any event the video shows the truth.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
                          But, as to disloyal immigrants, like Aroha, the minority is the loyal immigrant. Most are like Aroha, disloyal. And, yes, you do have a legal obligation to be loyal to the U.S. Note that legal permanent residents can be tried for treason and sedition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How like you to resort to base insults, ridiculous generalizations and outright lies. But at least you're a consistent ****.

Comment

Aroha has the Cooties!
                            Got Germys. LOL.
                            USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
                              But, as to disloyal immigrants, like Aroha, the minority is the loyal immigrant. Most are like Aroha, disloyal. And, yes, you do have a legal obligation to be loyal to the U.S. Note that legal permanent residents can be tried for treason and sedition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How like you to resort to base insults, ridiculous generalizations and outright lies. But at least you're a consistent ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It makes them feel big Aroha, but in reality people like that are saddos.

Got big chips on their shoulders.
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                              1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:

How like you to resort to base insults, ridiculous generalizations and outright lies. But at least you're a consistent ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wanted to jump in and say that I didn't find any of Aroha's comments to be un-patriotic. She merely expressed her opinion and gave a different spin which I totally appreciated. Didn't think of it myself.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation