X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSPA------easy_cspa !!!!reply fact!!

To easy_cspa and all

Now my uncle (US-citizen) has put the file for my father and the priority date is 24th august-1989.We have got first letter from INS in July.and in that my name was not there as i was aged out because i am 24 years old.(my Birthdate is 10-05-1979).and we got DSL form from INSof my parents.After that this new act come.SO we filled my DSL form also and submitted to INS-US including fees with my parents's DSL form and fees.
    So according to U, am i eligible according to New CSPA or not????
    Pls reply according to experience and yr best knowledge
    waiting for yr reply
    thanks and best wishes
    naik

To easy_cspa and all

Now my uncle (US-citizen) has put the file for my father and the priority date is 24th august-1989.We have got first letter from INS in July.and in that my name was not there as i was aged out because i am 24 years old.(my Birthdate is 10-05-1979).and we got DSL form from INSof my parents.After that this new act come.SO we filled my DSL form also and submitted to INS-US including fees with my parents's DSL form and fees.
    So according to U, am i eligible according to New CSPA or not????
    Pls reply according to experience and yr best knowledge
    waiting for yr reply
    thanks and best wishes
    naik

Comment

Sorry to inform that you are not qualified. But if you read the law it states that you might be qualified using the retention of date in Sec. 3 last paragraph. So basically we need to wait for the regulations to be out so that you may claim it. In the mean time you need to research and look for other ways to get to US.

Good luck.

KOOLJACKREV

Comment

hi naik.....u may be qualified depending on how much is your pending period.....ie the time period between 24th AUg 1989 and the date of approval of your application. If you subtract this time period from your age ( your age when your case became current) and the result is less than or equal to 21 then you are eligible under CSPA. But if the result is greater than 21 then u will have to wait for regulations to come. I would suggest you to read mails of Antman23, president, boni and easy_cspa and read the act....that will give u better understanding.
        Kooljackrev plz do not make statements to anybody like u did to naik that he is not qualified. All cases are not same....u might only have one hope ie retention of priority date but others could very well be covered under the " subtraction of pending period ". Moreover i do not think u have understood or read the law completely. I appreciate that u answered Naik's mail but that could confuse him more.
        Naik's its your duty to see which clause of section 3 could help u. Dont fully believe what people say here. I may have made the same mistake as kooljackrev. So take advice from here and see to it that information u r getting from here is complete or not.
        Bye.

Comment

Hello yuhi!!

thanks for the reply to me!!

I have question that how can i know the date of the approval of my petition????means when then approved our petetion , do they send some letter???
          in sort , can anybody suggest how to know the approval date of the petition??

thanks!!!

Comment

Your uncle who had sponsored your parents must have that approval letter from the INS.

Comment

Hi umesh and others!!!

Do u mean the first letter that comes after u have submitted that file?means the acknowledgement comes from INS regarding file?do u mean that it is called as approval letter???os it is some different letter!!!!if u are talking about acknowledgement letter then it will be only in months then i think this CSPA is useless for the child whose age is more then 22 as it will be never more than year for F4 category!!!

i think this retation of priorit also doent apply on F4 because if it applies on F4 then the child whose immigration age is more than 21 will come into F2b category and if he retains his priority date according to parent file (F4 file priority) then he is having priority date of 1989,1990 or 1991 and in F2b it is 1997 right now...so indirectly most of the umarried child will get visa immediately means with in few months .So i think its not that much straight forward!!!!
              so i think it applies child of f3 category only.

let see...i dont lose hope!!!!!there will be definately some benifits for f4 category aslo..

pls reply me regarding approval letter!!

Comment

cspa is of no use in anyway.
                Who said, regulations will come,
                everythings has come and in that cspa
                do not benefit over 21 years children of cspa.
                i am in an employment in US conulate.
                Even i am getting lot emails about this.

THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS/ WON'T COME.

Comment

hello every body,
                  i got a letter from consulate,stating that childern are not eligible to retain the priority
                  date of the parent,they will move to different category which is for childerns,

i think we have to work hard to get our benifits
                  as written in act,i am telling thousands of times
                  that cspa is a time sense factor,
                  TO, every body i am telling that please send letter and fax as much as possible regarding retention of priority to consulate ,nvc and ins
                  i think ins and nvc has given full rights to
                  visa officer to determine the eligibility of child
                  but they have not given guidence to consulate about retention, so this officer is not tranfering
                  the priority,unless all of us work hard the rules will not come

Comment

Naik:

Your uncle should have received letter of petition approval. The form used to call I-171 (check lower left corner) then. Now it is Form I-797. On that letter on the upper right hand corner, there is a table containing two dates. (1) date of petition and (2) adte of Approval of petition. Difference between this two dates is the time you can deduct from your age at thetime of priority date (August 2002 or whatever).

I hope this helps.

Comment

You are not always participating here so. Please don't tell anything that you know what the answer is. I mean to say SHUT UP.

Comment

To Naik:
                        First letter your uncle received was receipt letter and after that when the petition is processed INS issues second letter on which they write 'Approval Notice' whereas in first letter sent by INS was written 'Receipt Notice'. On the Approval Notice INS also writes the Priority Date.

Comment

Hey. That time, 80's to early 90's, INS pending days are smaller compare today. It will not take years for INS to approve a petition. I think in the case of Naik the longest that INS will approve that petition is 6 months. Naik, will you tell us the approval receipt you have receive from INS?

KOOLJACKREV, before make any comments please ask for complete details.

We are all blind here until regulations are out we cannot do anything. But as for everyone, including myself, RETENTION OF PRIORITY DATE will be a big help.

BOGMALITES

Comment

I was also on f4, I was intervieed by the consul on August 6, 002, and got my visa on the same day. My son was 24 years old then. Is my covered by cspa? pls. help.

Comment

I was also on f4, I was intervieed by the consul on August 6, 2002, and got my visa on the same day. My son was 24 years old then. Is my covered by cspa? pls. help.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation