Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional Resident

This is probably familar to most of you here. But I am unable to find much standard info on this in the old posts here. Answers seem to vary a lot.

My background is I am now married for over 2 years and I got the Conditional Residency Nov '01. My wife is now filing for divorce and SHE is pregnant after having a affair w/some guy (revenge for some perceived affair I had - long story). We are already separated and I just had not decided about divorce when she went ahead with it last week. Now I think i will be sued for Alimony and support by her lawyer who is her close friend. Besides these I gotta worry abt INS.

So, what are my options and chances about getting approved for the full 10 yr Permanent Residency? Is it difficult? I already took most of the papers which we collected for the original interview and have some other docs we collected since then.

Thanks.

This is probably familar to most of you here. But I am unable to find much standard info on this in the old posts here. Answers seem to vary a lot.

My background is I am now married for over 2 years and I got the Conditional Residency Nov '01. My wife is now filing for divorce and SHE is pregnant after having a affair w/some guy (revenge for some perceived affair I had - long story). We are already separated and I just had not decided about divorce when she went ahead with it last week. Now I think i will be sued for Alimony and support by her lawyer who is her close friend. Besides these I gotta worry abt INS.

So, what are my options and chances about getting approved for the full 10 yr Permanent Residency? Is it difficult? I already took most of the papers which we collected for the original interview and have some other docs we collected since then.

Thanks.

Comment

It's going to be tough but you can file to get the conditions removed by yourself. I would get a lawyer if I were you.

This page from the INS page will probably help you out a lot:

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

Comment

It is that tough to get approved? It was a real marriage which fell apart and my wife will not be involved with the process anymore.

Comment

EITHER KISS HER *** AND PLAY, OR

HIRE A LAWYER AND PRAY.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources