Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help! USC married man 11 months after his B1-B2 expired

My husband came to the U.S. in the summer of 2001 on a B1-B2 Visa. It expired three months later. He found an "off-the books" job and stayed so he could provide for his children back home.

I met my husband this spring and we fell in love.
    I was aware of his being "out-of-status". I was torn, afraid to get involved with someone who could end up getting deported, and his being Muslim (the new Patriot Act has me even more worried.) I told him, "we have to get married, I can't bear to lose you". We married this summer and couldn't be happier.

He has moved around some while in the US, so if a deportation order was issued, he would not have received it. Can we appeal on the grounds of his not attending the hearing and apply for AOS?

I am so afraid if we go to apply for AOS, he will be detained and deported. It will kill his mother and me if he is handcuffed like a criminal. I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS MAN, I feel it is wise for me to apply for a passport so I can go to him if he is deported. (I am terrified, I have never even been in a plane!)

I've talked to a couple of lawyers, and they are like "oh yes, no problem," but I am afraid they just want to make their fee. My husband would rather leave voluntarily than bring shame to his family by being handcuffed like a criminal.

I would just like an honest answer as to if there is any hope he can stay her with me? By the way, I get Social Security Disability and work part-time, but they don't count my SS as income? So I guess we need a co-sponsor too.

If only there were Amnesty. ::sigh:: thanks!

My husband came to the U.S. in the summer of 2001 on a B1-B2 Visa. It expired three months later. He found an "off-the books" job and stayed so he could provide for his children back home.

I met my husband this spring and we fell in love.
    I was aware of his being "out-of-status". I was torn, afraid to get involved with someone who could end up getting deported, and his being Muslim (the new Patriot Act has me even more worried.) I told him, "we have to get married, I can't bear to lose you". We married this summer and couldn't be happier.

He has moved around some while in the US, so if a deportation order was issued, he would not have received it. Can we appeal on the grounds of his not attending the hearing and apply for AOS?

I am so afraid if we go to apply for AOS, he will be detained and deported. It will kill his mother and me if he is handcuffed like a criminal. I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS MAN, I feel it is wise for me to apply for a passport so I can go to him if he is deported. (I am terrified, I have never even been in a plane!)

I've talked to a couple of lawyers, and they are like "oh yes, no problem," but I am afraid they just want to make their fee. My husband would rather leave voluntarily than bring shame to his family by being handcuffed like a criminal.

I would just like an honest answer as to if there is any hope he can stay her with me? By the way, I get Social Security Disability and work part-time, but they don't count my SS as income? So I guess we need a co-sponsor too.

If only there were Amnesty. ::sigh:: thanks!

Comment

WHy should we help a liar and cheat and an illegal worker?

Comment

I never bothered to file for REFUNDS! Please read before you post rude remarks!

Comment

Who said anything about taxes?
          Your husband told the embassy he was going to visit for a short time (a lie), not going to work (another lie) and has apparently taken great pains to avoid the INS (a cheat).
          This is the kind of nonsense people are tired of.
          Your husband violated our laws about 19 different ways and you want him to be rewarded!?

Comment

Someone,
            I have questions for you stupid ***.Are you native American?did you or your race build this country from ground to top by your own damn self?
            Well I have a good new for you m/f you are immigrant as well as any body else who aint native American.
            Stupid haters like you make Americans look bad elsewhere.
            Why don't you just go to some k.k.k groups and express your stupidity there?
            You are a ignorant and retarded m/f**ker who need to be fixe.Some body will some day.

Comment

Hey "Someone"!

Not everyone comes to this country with the "intent" to over stay, as you insinutate.

Imagine coming from a country where there is NO WORK, where your own family members have DIED FROM STARVATION.

You wouldn't do the work illegals are lucky enough to find for a few dollars a week. Not even for $20.00 an hour. Why I bet you wouldn't even get out of bed for less than $10.00 an hour. Do you really have such a big problem with a guy who picks cantaloupes from sun up till sundown for $75.00 a week? Then, when cantaloupe season is over, it's up-rooting and moving on to the next crop is, perhaps thousands of miles away. Sit back and really think about the commodities you'd go without if it weren't for these men and women? Yes, women, who do you think sews most of the clothes on your back? I myself have worked in a sweat shop in the Tri-State area with these wonderful men and women. May God bless each and everyone of them.

Until you've walked in one of these peoples' shoes, I suggest you keep your rude comments to yourself. I am stressed out enough with worry!

Comment

Hey hun, your gonna get a nose bleed up there on that high horse. First of all your husband is a criminal in the eyes of the IRS. And if you are helping him do anything illegal so are you. Are his kids that he left behind still starving to death.? Are they taking care of themselves? Or did Mr. Wonderful leave a wife behind also?? And Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese don't tell me how hard these people work. They take far more in services and medical care and schooling and everything else. The facts are at any site that deals with census figures. And isn't your Mr. "W" working off the books? And your already feeding at the public trough, so you don't really have much to be griping about. Your husband is a criminal alien with a family in another country he can't provide for, and he marries again??? Yeah , he's a keeper alright. Can you say "sucker"? He married you to try and stay here. I hope they deport his sorry *** real soon.

Comment

To Illegal and proud: Go home.
                  To You Must Be Joking: Right on the money.
                  To Bzzcat: Why don't you have any respect for the United States of America and her laws?
                  Your husband has broken many, probably lied to the embassy in his country, the INS and maybe to you (after all, you claim he "had to work" to support children back home....if they are his, where is their mother?)
                  There are many legal ways to immigrate to the US, but no, your husband decided those laws did not apply to him and now you are hoping the same thing. I guess that says something about your relative intelligence and awareness.
                  Read and reread 'You Must Be Joking's reply -- he or she is right on target.

Comment

To Someone, Thanks for the kind words. And I'm a Her. Irene actually. The you must be kidding was just something I was thinking at the moment. I get a little worked up when confronted with the utter disregard for this Country that I see posted here.If I could have a Christmas wish , it would be that only people who understood what many great men had to sacrafice ,from Washington ,Adams et al right through to the soliders serving today, would be living here someday. When I think of how instead of Washington and Lincolns birthdays as holidays we now have "Presidents" day so they could give a day to Ceasar Chavez I want to throw something. Well, I shall go get some cheese to have with my "whine".

Comment

The mother died during the birth of the last child. She was too weak from starvation. I have seen the documents.
                      You are are evil, horrible people! I wanted legal advice, not abuse! I curse every one of you who has been cruel to me! A samu alaikum!

Comment

By the way as salmu alaikum is Turkish for "May fire ants crawl up your butt!"

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation