Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boni

If the intent of the law was to freeze the age of the child for immigration purposes, they would have clearly stated that as in the case of USCitizen petitioner. The fact that it was not done, leads me to believe that the language was the worst compromise the Congree could agree on.

The most liberal interpretation ( yours ) would cause a tremendous uproar. Maybe it was not politically feasible to freeze the immigration age for vhildren of intending immigrants so clearly in an election year. That is why they have done it in a roundabout way? Actually, the entire mainstream media reported only on the children of USC issue and the Philipino priority date anamoly.

Right now, I believe that the congress is not in the mood to help non-USCitizens( but LPR's). They are not realizing that all the LPR's are few years and one petition away from voting against such myopic politicians.

Comment

Please check one of the summaries of the law on http://www.immigration-law.com/

What is your opinion of the analysis?

Comment

Can someone clarify it for me? What's the next step after a visa number becomes available? Do we have to wait for some approval to file I-485? Because according to the analysis provided by "guest," the pending time refers to I-130 pending time. So unless there is more pending time after the visa number becomes available, it should mean the long years that we've waited (for me 12 years).. at least that what I am hoping for. By the way, I am a derivative "child" under F4.

Comment

Boni:

The analysis povided on this site agrees with your interpretation. You may want to read it.

http://www.fragomen.com/index2.html

Comment

can any body who has experince on this tell me if this new law will affect the F2B and let the processing forwared more faster than the past since alot of people will converted to F2A please advice,
            Thanks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed