Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Maybe I was misunderstood. His Father petitioned him in 1991 when 245I was in effect. If I marry him now and petition for him he will be banned from 245I because it is not in effect. He entered the country without inspection. What I am hoping is that there is some law that will allow for me to become the alternate sponsor H.R. 1892 and he would be able to continue with his father's petition based on the fact that I am USC. However, since LPR are only allowed to petition spouses and unmarried children under or over the age of 21 will that hurt his father's petition when I marry him? Or can we apply based on H.R. 1892 and continue so that he can be protected by 245I an apply for AOS here in the US?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you for responding to my question. Can you please tell me if he will be protected under the 245I if I marry him now and 245I is not in effect or will that be retroactive to his father's petition? I am lost. Do not want him to leave if I will marry him for 10 years.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You can marry him and sponsor him by filing I-130 and he will have to file I-485 for his AOS, I-765 for EAD etc. A person can be sponsored by different people and can have several AOS applications pending. When he will get AOS on your sponsorship then he can abandon that petition which was filed by his father.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Can someone please help me out. My boyfriend was petitioned by his father who was a LPR but died after the approval of the I-130. If I marry him I am a Citizen will H.R.1892 apply to him since LPR are only allowed to petition Unmarried children and spouses? Will we be able to reinstate the petition so that he qualifies under 245i which was effective when the father petitioned him? Somone please help!!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic H.R. 1892 father died

H.R. 1892 father died

Can someone please help me out. My boyfriend was petitioned by his father who was a LPR but died after the approval of the I-130. If I marry him I am a Citizen will H.R.1892 apply to him since LPR are only allowed to petition Unmarried children and spouses? Will we be able to reinstate the petition so that he qualifies under 245i which was effective when the father petitioned him? Somone please help!!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney