Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-2 Visa holder

On October 2001, the lawyer of the company, which my husband works as a manager, filed an application to adjust our (my husband, my children and mine) status to permanent residence. All of the petitions were filed together. In April, my husband and the children got their green cards. But, until now, my appliction is pending and I'm still waiting for the fingerprints appointment.

Is it usual for the INS to process adjustment of status applications varying speeds even in my case, where mine, my husband and my children's petitions were filed together (as a family)?

When my husband and the children got their permanent residence, the lawyer told me that my L-2 visa was valid until the expired date ( December 11, 2003) and that I could travel abroad.

But now that I need to travel to Brazil - because my father is very ill - she tells that once my L-2 is dependant upon my husband's L-1, which he no longer has, I cannot travel because my L-2 was invalid when my husband got his green card.

So she said that I have to file for advance parole to travel freely in and out of the U.S.A. And also said that traveling to Brazil at this time could seriously jeopardize my pending green card application.

To be honest, I don't have faith in what the lawyer says anymore.

I'm very confused about my situation.

I would like to know if my L-2 visa is still valid and if so can I enter the USA with it ?

Plese help me...
    Thank you very much !!!

On October 2001, the lawyer of the company, which my husband works as a manager, filed an application to adjust our (my husband, my children and mine) status to permanent residence. All of the petitions were filed together. In April, my husband and the children got their green cards. But, until now, my appliction is pending and I'm still waiting for the fingerprints appointment.

Is it usual for the INS to process adjustment of status applications varying speeds even in my case, where mine, my husband and my children's petitions were filed together (as a family)?

When my husband and the children got their permanent residence, the lawyer told me that my L-2 visa was valid until the expired date ( December 11, 2003) and that I could travel abroad.

But now that I need to travel to Brazil - because my father is very ill - she tells that once my L-2 is dependant upon my husband's L-1, which he no longer has, I cannot travel because my L-2 was invalid when my husband got his green card.

So she said that I have to file for advance parole to travel freely in and out of the U.S.A. And also said that traveling to Brazil at this time could seriously jeopardize my pending green card application.

To be honest, I don't have faith in what the lawyer says anymore.

I'm very confused about my situation.

I would like to know if my L-2 visa is still valid and if so can I enter the USA with it ?

Plese help me...
    Thank you very much !!!

Comment

Apply for advance parole and you should be fine.

Comment

As I have just found out, once the person you depend upon (your husbad) dropped his nonimmigrant visa status, automatically you no longer have the privilege to use yours, too.
        You also switched from nonimmigrant to immigant status.
        All you need to get out of the country is the advance parole. Don't go out of the country without it, because you can not enter back after that.
        As somebody above said, you should de fine wiht your advance parole.

Comment

Please double check with an another attorney and the INS about this.

What may seems simple can be very complicated when it comes to the INS.

Goodluck

Comment

If my L-2 visa is longer no good since the INS revoked my husband's L-1 (because he got his green card), have I been lived here illegal ever since (once I'm out of status)?

Comment

I think that you have to check all these queries with a good attorney or with the INS.

Good luck

Comment

I think that you have a grace period to stay in US with no problem.

Comment

BIC,
                  Which document support your statement ?
                  That's what I'm really looking for.
                  Please please please... let me know.
                  Thank you very much

Comment

Once you have a pending I-485...you are not out of status.

Comment

You said that you applied together with your husband and kids and you are derivative from your husband.Did you file a separate application and paid appropriate fees for these,like the FP, EAD,AP.Filing advanced parole is a must for those applying for AOS in the event of family emergency.
                      If you do have these receipts with you then you need to make a follow up of this to INS through your lawyer.Give the benefit of the doubt to your lawyer as she is right.

Comment

All of my receipts are with my lawyer...Now she came with another surprise: she said she received from the INS regarding my fingerprints. The INS has indicated that my fingerprints have "expired.
                        How is it possible if I've never provided fingerprints to the INS?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation