Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A friend of mine in Montreal wants to visit US...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend of mine in Montreal wants to visit US...

Hi, this is not about me but my friend. She's a female student in Montreal. She'd like to make a short visit in the US. Is it tough for a single young girl like her to get a US visa ?

Will she get a SINGLE ENTRY or MULTIPLE ENTRY ?

Hi, this is not about me but my friend. She's a female student in Montreal. She'd like to make a short visit in the US. Is it tough for a single young girl like her to get a US visa ?

Will she get a SINGLE ENTRY or MULTIPLE ENTRY ?

Comment

Its nothing for a Canadian to visit USA. They dont even need a passport, just a birth certificate. If they have a passport, then they can bring it. Canadians can pass the border like mosquito's. My friend from Montreal visited me 2 summers ago, stayed for 1 month and they didnt even ask for the passport at the POE.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think your friend can just come here to visit without a visa. I go to Canada all the time and I don't own a visa. My daughter went to Montreal on a class trip last year and I sent along her birth certificate as ID. I'm almost positive that Canadians can come here in the same way. Make sure she brings proper ID. I found this on the USCIS site this morning:

Entry of Citizens of Canada
        Citizens of Canada are exempt from the visa and passport requirement of Immigration and Nationality Act section 212(a)(7). To enter the United States, a Canadian citizen must be able to establish both identity and citizenship. Documents that may establish citizenship are: birth certificate, citizenship certificate, and passport. Although the Immigration Inspector may accept an **** declaration of citizenship, it is recommended that a Canadian citizen carry a document that establishes citizenship. Under current procedures, all travelers may be required to present photo-identification. NOTE: A Canadian citizen arriving from outside the Western Hemisphere is required to present a passport. Canadian citizens classified as Treaty Trader, Treaty Investor, or Fiancé(e) require a visa.
        Have a great holiday!

Comment

Those four stars blocked out the word: O-r-a-l
          Geeze, that's some filter! LOL

Comment

POE Officers are pretty lenient on "native-born" Canadian Citizens. So if she was born in Canada -- she could even use your DL to drive across or fly across. Albiet nowadays they always recommend bringing your passport just in case.

-= nav =-

Comment

DL as in drivers license? How can one person use anothers drivers license?
              Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Speaking of Canada... Once my fiance gets here and we marry, can we simply honeymoon in Canada (Banff) or will he have to still get advance parole as if he were traveling to any other country?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi there,

I am originally from Canada and lived only 15 minutes from the border and crossed over at least once a week to go for dinner, or to a bar or shopping. We always could use just our drivers license and birth certificate but a passport is always a bonus if you have it.
                  Once you marry unless you get advance parole your fiance will not be able to leave the US to go to any country with the guarantee of getting back in. You can get advance parole but if you have a lawyer get him/her to explain to you how that works if for some reason your are denied and have to go to court in front of a judge. Because basically if you use the advance parole then if you get denied that does not allow you to use the option of going to court if needed.
                  I just received my green card last week and have been waiting since March of 2002 to go back home.
                  Hope this helps some!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed