Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singapore gal American guy - K1 or I130 ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore gal American guy - K1 or I130 ?

would appreciate any advice on which route is better and less time consuimg - K1 or I130 ?

also, a few Qs:
    K1 route
    Q1 - while awaiting AOS, can I enrol for post grad studies? and in so doing, would I be eligible to paying non-international tuition fees?

I130 route
    Q2 - being a very lengthy process, would I be allowed to travel into USA while awaiting approval in home country? for personal and business purposes? singapore is on the VWPP.

Q3 - assuming approval is given. does it mean that if I finally uproot and relocate to USA after having been amrried for 2 years or more, that the Green Card issued will be a 10-year GC?

Similar case studies
    Q4 - could only manage to find one similar case study. are there more out there? appreciate any assistance in links or private emails of your personal experience to yellowearth@email.com.

many thanks to one and all for your info. this is a great platform!

would appreciate any advice on which route is better and less time consuimg - K1 or I130 ?

also, a few Qs:
    K1 route
    Q1 - while awaiting AOS, can I enrol for post grad studies? and in so doing, would I be eligible to paying non-international tuition fees?

I130 route
    Q2 - being a very lengthy process, would I be allowed to travel into USA while awaiting approval in home country? for personal and business purposes? singapore is on the VWPP.

Q3 - assuming approval is given. does it mean that if I finally uproot and relocate to USA after having been amrried for 2 years or more, that the Green Card issued will be a 10-year GC?

Similar case studies
    Q4 - could only manage to find one similar case study. are there more out there? appreciate any assistance in links or private emails of your personal experience to yellowearth@email.com.

many thanks to one and all for your info. this is a great platform!

Comment

My opinion to your answers
      Q1. You can't enter the US on a student visa. It's a non-immigration visa so technically you can't have an intention to remain here permanently--in short, you won't get your F1 approval.

Q2. According to what I read on US embassy in London website, you can't use a visa waiver once you are a beneficiary of immigration petition. You have to apply for a visa.

Q3. Once you have married for over 2 years you are granted permanent residency not a conditional permant resident.

Q4. Did you check K1.exit.com or kamya.com
      They got good stuff there.

Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources