Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with Special Registration. More countries added & second chance given to previous countries.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    CNN is reporting that 5 countries have been added.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/15/ali...ion/index.html

So is the Washington Post. Also reported is that folks who missed registration are being given a second chance to register.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Jan15.html

In a post dated 1/16/03, "Necessary List" wrote.

Registration should be done for EVERY country and it probably will be done eventually. Is there something wrong with that? The US Government asking simple questions?? ...unless maybe you have something to hide???

Now, here's my reply to "Necessary List". I would say there is nothing wrong in protecting the country from terrorists. I am not a citizen (I don't even have permanent residency yet), but I love this country. And I love it for so many reasons (freedom of speech, freedom for religious persecution and the list goes on). However, the way this special registration is being conducted shakes me to the core. In particular, the way Special Registration is being conducted. Rather than asking people to come forward and give potential helpful information to enable INS and FBI to capture terrorists, INS is taking this opportunity for enforcement purposes. I can understand the detaining and deporting of wanted felons. I can still understand detaining people temporarily (for background checks). But, I fail to comprehend to necessity to issue NTA's (Notice to Appear to start deportation) to most who are trying in good faith to register. Yes, they may have not followed or broken some immigration law (some through no fault of their own due to long processing delays at INS). But, then all of us break laws (you cannot argue that no one has ever gone over 55 MPH limit. I can use this analogy because breaking many immigration laws is a misdemeanor).

Most of these folks are not criminals. Many have applied for some sort of relief (245i, LIFE Act etc). I personally have friends (who are currently out of status and don't have any applications pending) who are going to go and register even though they know that registering means that they will be deported. Then, I am told that the list is going to expand to include all countries. Then, why was Armenia removed from the list? Why are all countries on the list (except North Korea) Muslim nations? Under present situation, I will go so far to say that we (because US is made up of us) are discriminating on the base of religion, race and national origin.

What is the true purpose of special registration? If national security is the true agenda, then I am all for Special Registration. "Let's roll" (in honor of Sep 11 victims) and register everybody ASAP and weed out the likes of Usamas and Saddams. Grant a special amnesty (like the one where we can turn in illegal guns without questions) to encourage people to come in and share helpful information (without worrying about getting deported). If the true agenda is anything else, then Usama may have won this war on terrorism already. God help us all because it will be just a matter of time before we turn into a Nazi state.

I would recommend reading an article that I read on the Washington Post that sheds an unbiased opinion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Jan9.html

Leave a comment:

• What's wrong with Special Registration. More countries added & second chance given to previous countries.

CNN is reporting that 5 countries have been added.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/15/ali...ion/index.html

So is the Washington Post. Also reported is that folks who missed registration are being given a second chance to register.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Jan15.html

In a post dated 1/16/03, "Necessary List" wrote.

Registration should be done for EVERY country and it probably will be done eventually. Is there something wrong with that? The US Government asking simple questions?? ...unless maybe you have something to hide???

Now, here's my reply to "Necessary List". I would say there is nothing wrong in protecting the country from terrorists. I am not a citizen (I don't even have permanent residency yet), but I love this country. And I love it for so many reasons (freedom of speech, freedom for religious persecution and the list goes on). However, the way this special registration is being conducted shakes me to the core. In particular, the way Special Registration is being conducted. Rather than asking people to come forward and give potential helpful information to enable INS and FBI to capture terrorists, INS is taking this opportunity for enforcement purposes. I can understand the detaining and deporting of wanted felons. I can still understand detaining people temporarily (for background checks). But, I fail to comprehend to necessity to issue NTA's (Notice to Appear to start deportation) to most who are trying in good faith to register. Yes, they may have not followed or broken some immigration law (some through no fault of their own due to long processing delays at INS). But, then all of us break laws (you cannot argue that no one has ever gone over 55 MPH limit. I can use this analogy because breaking many immigration laws is a misdemeanor).

Most of these folks are not criminals. Many have applied for some sort of relief (245i, LIFE Act etc). I personally have friends (who are currently out of status and don't have any applications pending) who are going to go and register even though they know that registering means that they will be deported. Then, I am told that the list is going to expand to include all countries. Then, why was Armenia removed from the list? Why are all countries on the list (except North Korea) Muslim nations? Under present situation, I will go so far to say that we (because US is made up of us) are discriminating on the base of religion, race and national origin.

What is the true purpose of special registration? If national security is the true agenda, then I am all for Special Registration. "Let's roll" (in honor of Sep 11 victims) and register everybody ASAP and weed out the likes of Usamas and Saddams. Grant a special amnesty (like the one where we can turn in illegal guns without questions) to encourage people to come in and share helpful information (without worrying about getting deported). If the true agenda is anything else, then Usama may have won this war on terrorism already. God help us all because it will be just a matter of time before we turn into a Nazi state.

I would recommend reading an article that I read on the Washington Post that sheds an unbiased opinion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Jan9.html
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation