X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about change of employer

Hi,
    Please help. I am currently on F1 visa and have an OPT (Optional Practical Training). I am working as a supplemental faculty member at a University in USA. I am in the middle of the semester and I have got an other job. I accepted the new job offer and want to leave the university now. The head of my department says that she will talk to the INS. Can she cancel my OPT or something ? What can she do?
    Please help.

Hi,
    Please help. I am currently on F1 visa and have an OPT (Optional Practical Training). I am working as a supplemental faculty member at a University in USA. I am in the middle of the semester and I have got an other job. I accepted the new job offer and want to leave the university now. The head of my department says that she will talk to the INS. Can she cancel my OPT or something ? What can she do?
    Please help.

Comment

It will be better for you to talk to some experienced Immigration Attorney who has specialized in such cases. If you take another job and this University withdraws their sponsorship then you can be in problem.
      So contact some good Immigration Attorney asap.
      Good luck.

Comment

Well, if you are working because of Optional Pract. Training, this means that your employment is limited to the job you have related to the university. In other words, you cannot work for someone else. Is your new employer willing to sponsor your H? Otherwise, I don't see how you could lawfully be employed by this new employer.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation