X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax obligations with regards to obtaining a Green card

Hello,
    I have been made eligible to run for a Green card and would like to find out a bit more about what my obligations towards the US would be if I obtain a green card. What I am looking for is the sort of things that people don't usually think about and that may decieve.
    If I do obtain a green card I would not be moving to the US ASAP but more if a professional opportunity took me there. Being a green card holder living overseas, what would be my obligations with regards to paying tax in the US?
    Thanks for any advice.

Hello,
    I have been made eligible to run for a Green card and would like to find out a bit more about what my obligations towards the US would be if I obtain a green card. What I am looking for is the sort of things that people don't usually think about and that may decieve.
    If I do obtain a green card I would not be moving to the US ASAP but more if a professional opportunity took me there. Being a green card holder living overseas, what would be my obligations with regards to paying tax in the US?
    Thanks for any advice.

Comment

While you think this out and research on where the deceiving is, can you let someone else have your green card? You dont sound deserving to be here.

Comment

Who the hell are you to make a judgment on what I should be doing?!!
        The aim of a forum is for everybody to find information about whatever they want, so I suggest if you have nothing intelligent to say that you just refrain from posting these pathetic notes.
        As far as I am concerned I have a decision to make and will seek information about all aspects before making a call, if that pisses you off, well tough on you...

Comment

as far as i know is that you can't have a grenn card while being overseas. You must living in the US to get a GC.

Comment

You have to live in the United States for your greencard to be valid. If you abandon your residence in the United States, then you could lose it.

Comment

the term greencard is a synonym for the legal status of an alien residing PERMANENTLY in the U.S.
              the card used to be green thus greencard its a cute baby pink now! it is not so much a right as it is a privilege to be living here, unless of course one is a British snob };-D.
              So the second responder was legitamate in his claim as to you then getting out of the line of the 1000's wanting this opportunity! if you're not seriously contemplating of residing here perm'ly

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                Just to clarify, I for one, am not British, and fully understand the privilege I have been given by going through this process and do not intend to waste it. However living in the US is no greater privilege than living in most of the other countries and believing this makes me wonder who the snobs are...
                But again thanks to all for the information, I apreciate.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation