Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to get a stamp on my PP from India - Please help

Me and mife came to USA in year 2000 on B1 Visa and applied for extension for B1 visa which was approved for one year . Then we got approved for L1A and L2 . Now we are on second extension on L1 and L2 untill may 2004 . Since year 2000 we have not left the country and have maintained the legal status through out .
    Now My wife is going to INDIA ( Home country ) to get a stamp on PP . Please us know if she can use the drop box and how safe it is to go back to get a stamp -- as INS is getting tough day after day .

Please advice

Me and mife came to USA in year 2000 on B1 Visa and applied for extension for B1 visa which was approved for one year . Then we got approved for L1A and L2 . Now we are on second extension on L1 and L2 untill may 2004 . Since year 2000 we have not left the country and have maintained the legal status through out .
    Now My wife is going to INDIA ( Home country ) to get a stamp on PP . Please us know if she can use the drop box and how safe it is to go back to get a stamp -- as INS is getting tough day after day .

Please advice

Comment

I'm not sure on why she has to get an L2 stamped at India,is it needed for her to come back?I really doubt whether the embassy will stamped it since she will be interviewed on why she has an L2 visa approved from INS.Remember INS is completely separated and different from the State Department.

Comment

I was at Murthy' chat today and somebody had posted almost the same situation.Murthy said that it is advisable to have the PP stamped here in the US as it is the safest since the consulate will have to double check your wife's name and might take some delays and if the name is of course terrorist sounding, trouble.It might cause months of waiting at India so better have it stamped here in the US.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation