X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happygolucky
    replied
    you can apply for us passport if you have had a green card for 5 years and after you are naturlized you can apply that would be much quicker but if you can naturalize soon then dont file I-130 and wait for your naturlization. If no naturlization, then sorry there is no other option...Good luck

Leave a comment:

• ACEPA
    replied
    All,
    I am a permanent resident of the US working in China. Recently I married a Chinese lady with thoughts of bring her back with me to the US after my assignment in China is completed. The information I have been given for an I-130 is we will have to wait 3 years before her petition number will come up for completion of her entry visa. This is totally crazy when my whole life is in the US. Are their other options to speed this process up? Apply from a different location? Apply in the US etc? The system is totally backwards, a US citizen can bring his fiancee to the US after just one week of knowing her,(my friend did this) but to bring his wife is a different story. All comments welcome.

Leave a comment:

• ACEPA
    started a topic I-130 3 Year wait

I-130 3 Year wait

All,
    I am a permanent resident of the US working in China. Recently I married a Chinese lady with thoughts of bring her back with me to the US after my assignment in China is completed. The information I have been given for an I-130 is we will have to wait 3 years before her petition number will come up for completion of her entry visa. This is totally crazy when my whole life is in the US. Are their other options to speed this process up? Apply from a different location? Apply in the US etc? The system is totally backwards, a US citizen can bring his fiancee to the US after just one week of knowing her,(my friend did this) but to bring his wife is a different story. All comments welcome.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney