Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long ?

how long after i got the answer for my k1 visa .... can i go to usa ....... are the gonna send me my visa by mail ? or just put something in my passport ?
    thanks for the help ........ i want to know so we can set up every thing for us to get marry i´m so exited i hope i got the answer very soon
    bye bye

how long after i got the answer for my k1 visa .... can i go to usa ....... are the gonna send me my visa by mail ? or just put something in my passport ?
    thanks for the help ........ i want to know so we can set up every thing for us to get marry i´m so exited i hope i got the answer very soon
    bye bye

Comment

I came to the US through the k-1 visa (even though I had a tourist visa) so I can help you with this one.
      Once the Service Center has approved the USC petition (and issued the Notice of Action), the fiance has 4 months to ask for their visa in his/her Consulate. Usually the Service Center takes 3 or 4 weeks to send the papers to the Consulate and then they call the fiance. The fiance has to send documentation to the Embassy and ask for an interview (in my case, the interview was scheduled 2 weeks after I asked for it).
      If you "pass" the intereview, the Consulate will stamp your passaport with the fiance visa (I had to pick my passport 2 days after). The fiance must travel within the next six months or the visa will expired. Once you arrive to the US, you have 90 days to get married.

Comment

Unfortunately this process is not the same in every country. It may be the same day in Mexico but my fiance is in Cuba and it takes them from 8 - 10 weeks after the last interview to process the visa because Cuba is on the "countries that support terrorism" watch list. Hopefully, in your country, the visa will be issued immediately but that's not always the case. Good luck

Comment

thanks

Comment

is the intereview really hard to pass ?

Comment

My interview at the US Consulate was easy. I brought pictures (actually a photo al***), telephone records, email records and the other documentation they asked. I also brought my income records in order to prove that I was quite solvent (this is not required but I am a lawyer and I tend to think the more papers the better).
              Anyway, first a lady asked me a lot of information about how we met, dates, places, wedding arrangements, facts. Then I spoke with an american officer. I swore to tell the true and this was more like a casual conversation. He asked me if my fiance spoke Spanish (my language) and when I said no he started talking in English. The questions were very unformal, general. I am not sure if they are as nice with everybody. I guess it help that I had already a visitors visa, I has a good income and that my husband is a federal agent (he saw a picture of my beloved man in the Federal Law Enforcement Trainning Center and since the Consulte officers are also fed LE he may have felt some empathy).
              Dont worry about the interview. The questions are predictable.

Comment

Thanks Cayita ..... i do have a lot of pics .. and i have income taxes too ... and letters from her too and how can a show them e-mail records ? ...... i will take every thin like you do estra papers ... i hope i got the answer soon ..... i have the ring for her here in mexico .... i thing it will be good if i show them the ring right ? thanks to every body who answer me

Comment

can i go to usa right after i go to the embassy ? .... i just have to wait two days right ? .... can i go to arizona first .... driving ............... and meet with my fiance there ..... we want to relax in arizona for a week (we love dimondbacks) and after go to her town to get marry ?

Comment

You sound so in love. It just makes me smile everytime I read your posts. :-)

Comment

You are a free person and you can do whatever you want just dont forget to up date us once you come here... in a short time in this column i feel like i know u for years and years....

Comment

Thanks

Comment

dont listen to this *** hole,he is a border jumper,illegal alian,does not care about our country,he broke our laws and forgot about the christian way of life,of respect,of dignety for other people,all he cares about is his brown caca face

Comment

you kk cant talk about christian stuff ... cuz you dont have a god ..... you are just a poor guy who thinks he is superior .... but you think that way cuz you know you are less .... you are kk .... you are caca ... just that .......... i can see you right now in a black room with a ugly fat *** eating hamburgers .... and watching JERRY SPRINGER
                            ..... and dreaming with a white wordl .....
                            do you think gos was white ?
                            you just make the rest of the withe people look bad ...... ...

Comment

HI: Princesita& Chiquito:

Once your K petition is approved and you recive a copy of that.
                              you can proceed to the American Embassy/Consulate. Complete visa form OF-156 with photos, Visa section will stamped the NIV in you passport for 90days, in which you must get married.
                              Best of Luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed