Form I-751 Workload Transfer From the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center

USCIS recently began transferring some casework from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center to balance workloads. The affected casework includes:

How You Will Be Affected

If we transferred your case, we will send you a transfer notice. Your original receipt number will not change and the transfer will not delay the processing of your case. Please note:

  • The words “Case Type: CRI89 Approved Removal of Conditions” will be printed on the transfer notice - this refers to your pending Form I-751.
  • The transfer notice may not contain the receipt number of your pending Form I-751.

How to Track the Status of Your Case

You can check the status by entering your receipt number in Check Status. You can also sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email.

You can ask us about the status of your case if you do not receive a decision within the published processing time for the California Service Center to process Form I-751. You may submit an inquiry using e-Request or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. For TDD (hearing-impaired) assistance, please call 1-800-767-1833.

When calling to ask about your case status, tell us your original receipt number and also say that your case was transferred to a new location.

If you have filed Form I-751 and we send you any notice, such as a request for evidence, please read the notice carefully. Make sure you respond to the service center that sent you the notice.

If you move while your case is pending, tell us your new address as soon as possible after you move. You can change your address online or call the National Customer Service Center. It is important that you tell us about any change of address so we can notify you of any action on your case.

Last Reviewed/Updated: 11/06/2014