free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Applying for Citizenship...

Hello everyone from ILW!

It's time for me to apply for my citizenship and I have some doubts concerning the documentation I need to provide, as well as, answers to some questions in form N-400.

On 08/10/09 I will complete five years as a permanent resident(GC holder).
    Besides filling out N400 form and enclosing two passaport like pictures, what else should I submit to immigration?

I got my (conditional) residency through marriage to a US citizen. However, by the time I had my conditional status removed I was already divorced. Should I submit a copy of my divorce decree?

Also, form N400 requests information about marital history(part 8)to which I'm not sure about what information to provide:
    A. How many times have you been married(including annulled marriages)? Answer: 01(I'm divorced now)
    Should I fill out information requested in B, C D about my ex-husband?

Hope somebody can help me clarify these doubts.

Thank you!

Hello everyone from ILW!

It's time for me to apply for my citizenship and I have some doubts concerning the documentation I need to provide, as well as, answers to some questions in form N-400.

Besides filling out N400 form and enclosing two passaport like pictures, what else should I submit to immigration?

I got my (conditional) residency through marriage to a US citizen. However, by the time I had my conditional status removed I was already divorced. Should I submit a copy of my divorce decree?

Also, form N400 requests information about marital history(part 8)to which I'm not sure about what information to provide:
    A. How many times have you been married(including annulled marriages)? Answer: 01(I'm divorced now)

Thank you!

Yes, you need to fill out that info on your ex. It will be used to expose your fraudulent marriage and scamming residency.

Well said has anyone told you lately your GREATTTTTT!!

At least some aren't afraid of doing their job and speaking the truth of the laws of our nation!

Any decent person on this site would be willing to help clarify my doubts?!

Needless to say, replies like the two I've received so far are useless and definitely not welcomed.

Any useful and respectful feedback will be highly appreciated.

can I Help???
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lonely Heart:
    Hello everyone from ILW!

Thank you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Lonely Heart,

I believe since your are applying for Naturalization independent of marriage (i.e., waited the required 5 years), I don't think information about your ex is relevant. If I'm wrong, perhaps a serious member of this forum will correct me. Good luck.

Hello Lonely Heart

Welcome to the forum, and I am appalled at those responses given to you by some posters. I am sorry.

You will need to complete section 8 regardless of the basis that you are applying under.

This information will be used for investigation .

YOu will need to submit copies of marriage, and divorce paperwork. Transcript of paid taxes since you have entered the usa, in addition to copy of your greencard. selective service is not applicable to you.

You have stated that you got divorced during the conditional periord. I just want to make sure that you fled a 751 waiver petiton to have had your conditions removed. If you filed a joint petition that got approved, then you will have a problem when you file the n-400. It will be found out that you got divorced during the joint petition. the N-400 will be denied and you will end up in removal proceedings. If you filed the 751 waiver, then it will not be a problem.

Good Luck

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    Hello Lonely Heart

Welcome to the forum, and I am appalled at those responses given to you by some posters. I am sorry.

You will need to complete section 8 regardless of the basis that you are applying under.

This information will be used for investigation .

YOu will need to submit copies of marriage, and divorce paperwork. Transcript of paid taxes since you have entered the usa, in addition to copy of your greencard. selective service is not applicable to you.

You have stated that you got divorced during the conditional periord. I just want to make sure that you fled a 751 waiver petiton to have had your conditions removed. If you filed a joint petition that got approved, then you will have a problem when you file the n-400. It will be found out that you got divorced during the joint petition. the N-400 will be denied and you will end up in removal proceedings. If you filed the 751 waiver, then it will not be a problem.

Good Luck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thansk 4now for your feedback!
    In regards to my marital status by the time I had my condition removed, I filed a 751 waiver petition and enclosed a copy of my divorce decree as well as other documentation.
    I got my permanent GC after a few months later.
    Still regarding Part 8(Information about your marital history),the first question (8.A) asks how many times you've been married. Then item 8.B says : "if you are married NOW, give the following information about your spouse:...
    Well, I am divorced but I can provide any information requested by immigration. However, what I understood is that I should only fill out information about husband if I am married NOW, which is not my status.
    Nevertheless, maybe I will be better off by submitting all the documentation you've mentioned in your reply(even if not requested), rather than having my citizenship process delayed due to lack of documentation.

I was reading form N-400 Instructions and came across two other doubts:
    1) The name of the place I should mail my application to? USCIS Lockbox Facility???!! Or just USCIS?
    2) It is requested that you sign your full name and it must be legible??!! That means I should WRITE my name letter by letter instead of using the usual signature(abbreviated and not really legible)that I have in my ID and credit cards?!

Thanks again!
    Namaste