50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I want my US Certificate of Naturlization back

When I petitioned for my wife for an AOS, I have submitted my original Certificate of Naturalization as the application I-130 stated (of course if I had hired a lawyer that would have been prevented and the lawyer would have sent copies and NEVER sent original). I know it is a mistake to send the INS any original. INS is a screw up as I hear when it comes to misplacing documents.

Now I want my certificate of naturalization back. I have written the INS twice already over 2 months ago but no response. I called the INS national number and they have advised me to fill out I-884 "Request for Original Document". I have filled out the I-884 and submitted last week.

Any one has experience submitting originals and any luck in getting them back!?

Does the INS give back original at the time of the AOS interview?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

KOKO

When I petitioned for my wife for an AOS, I have submitted my original Certificate of Naturalization as the application I-130 stated (of course if I had hired a lawyer that would have been prevented and the lawyer would have sent copies and NEVER sent original). I know it is a mistake to send the INS any original. INS is a screw up as I hear when it comes to misplacing documents.

Now I want my certificate of naturalization back. I have written the INS twice already over 2 months ago but no response. I called the INS national number and they have advised me to fill out I-884 "Request for Original Document". I have filled out the I-884 and submitted last week.

Any one has experience submitting originals and any luck in getting them back!?

Does the INS give back original at the time of the AOS interview?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

KOKO

If you had submitted a copy with the original then Immigration would have sent it back to you. Now at the time of AOS interview, you can request the Interviewing Officer for return of your Naturalization Certificate. Otherwise, you will need to file for a Duplicate Certificate of Naturalization.
    Good luck.