Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MR. MOHAN ADVISE NEEDED FOR I-601 WAIVER

MR. MOHAN
    COUPLE MONTHS BACK I CONTACTED YOU FOR MY HUSBAND'S I-601 WAIVER APPLICATION PENDING AT NEW DELHI, INDIA AND NO ANSWER YET FROM INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION.CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY SUGGESTION WHAT TO DO NOW? CAN PERSONAL VISIT TO IINDIA MAKE ANY IMPACT ON MY CASE? PLEASE ANSWER ME. THANKS- SNS

MR. MOHAN
    COUPLE MONTHS BACK I CONTACTED YOU FOR MY HUSBAND'S I-601 WAIVER APPLICATION PENDING AT NEW DELHI, INDIA AND NO ANSWER YET FROM INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION.CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY SUGGESTION WHAT TO DO NOW? CAN PERSONAL VISIT TO IINDIA MAKE ANY IMPACT ON MY CASE? PLEASE ANSWER ME. THANKS- SNS

personal visit to delhi will not help in case of waiver.It will not expedite the process, First of all you someone have to find out why you did not got replied.It can be denied, intend to deny, never processed, under process or lack of certain information, I-130 is not transfered or any other reason which makes waiver on hold .
    Going to india only makes you go to embassy and enquire about waiver( in delhi, only USC can go to embassy without appointment, Consulate trying to do all the work via mail ,drop box or internet) safety issues.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

MY LOCAL CONGRESSMAN MADE INQUIRY 2 MONTHS AGO AND THAT TIME HE WAS TOLD THAT INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION IS GOING ON AND STILL NO ANSWER YET.THAT'S WHY I AM ASKING YOU IF YOU HAD GONE THROUGH SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AND WOULD KNOW.
    THANKS
    SNS

thats a generic answer from consulates.don't rely on it

Mohanji
    In that case how can we deal with them?
    They are even ignoring congressman. How can we put some pressure on them?
    Any suggestion from you? I really would appreciate for your time and concern.
    Thanks
    Sns

best way to deal with it, is to write an enquiry so you will get the answer in writting.
    make sure to write the date of apply and A# and details.
    Keep a copy of that letter and mailing receipt.( registered post in india)

BS, don't listen to this BS. Independent investigation will be done by consulate not by DOJ . Only decision was made in these dept, but it will be based upon the investigation.
    Not to give you run around from department to department, these offices are also in centralization locations abroad, not all the work comes back in US. I don't think you will be able to figure out who is making decision on your waiver and where. so do the proper CHNL enquiry.
    you can't pressurized BCIS office here, you will get answer that they don't have jurisdiction over your case.Fileing in vermont cannot have AOS in CALIFORNIA.

here in US you can only access the history and record not actual processing.
    otherwise there is no need for I-130 which was approved here in United states need to be transfer to consulates either.( there is process to do that and forms to fill to get into consulates jurisdictions)

Hey Mohan! My fiance called Montreal today and the consulate said it should be about 3 more weeks. My check was just cashed this past Friday. I'm crossing my fingers here, but not holding my breath!
    1974: I know you can't call to check up on your I601, and they may be giving us a generic response too, as Mohan says. Hard not to get your hopes up when you hear news like that though, huh? Best of luck and I hope you hear something soon...hang in there hon. It will all be over soon. What's your timeline again?