50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: child status....thanx antman23

hi...could anybody plz tell me for how much time we could wait after our petition becomes current ........ i mean till when after it has become current we could send ds-230 forms or ask them to give us interview dates. Our petion bacame current in november 2001 and we havent sent DS-230 form yet. And now that " Child Status Protection Act" is confusing us. Please help me.... And i am grateful to Antman for answering so many people. Thanx Antman23.

bye
    amit

hi...could anybody plz tell me for how much time we could wait after our petition becomes current ........ i mean till when after it has become current we could send ds-230 forms or ask them to give us interview dates. Our petion bacame current in november 2001 and we havent sent DS-230 form yet. And now that " Child Status Protection Act" is confusing us. Please help me.... And i am grateful to Antman for answering so many people. Thanx Antman23.

bye
    amit

thank you so much for your kind words amit!

with regards to your inquiry, u said that your
    petition became current last november 2001. the processing time before you can get the visa depends on so many factors as i was able to ask so many people in our local US embassy and to the NVC there in US.

one factor will be on your part, once you received so many forms from INS and NVC, you should be able to accomplish it as soon as possible or at the quickest time possible if you would really like to speed it up. pay the ins fees, accomplish the affidavit of support whoever will support u, thenecessary form, etc.

then after which, you can call the National Visa Center to update the status of your petition.
    they will be the one telling you if everything that you submitted were complete and error-free. If it has errors or lack something, they will return such document and stop processing it until you return it back to them.

i was able to contact NVC and generally they said, once you were able to submit everything especially the affidavit of support with no errors on it, give them 6 to 8 weeks, then everything is okay. within 6 to 8 weeks, you will be receiving a letter from your local US embassy in your country stating your interview and medical procedures.

i hope i was able to help u.

god bless

regards,
    antman23

.....if you think your case is complicated such as when you will be joined by a derivative benificiary it will be better if a reputable attorney helps with your case.... Better to accomplish something paying for it than accomplish nothin cheaply....