free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: TELL ME ABOUT THE K-1 VISA PLEASE

Hello everybody,

I'm french and I have a 5 months old baby with my USC fiancé.
    We would like to get married getting the K-1 visa but the thing is that I went to see him one time 2 years ago then went back 2 months later for 90 days and they thought I wanted to stay in the US forever which wasn't my intention.
    Anyway they let me in cause I said had a b/f in France which wasn't true...well I don't know if that's the reason why they let me in, they probably checked in their data if they could find sth about me and they didn't find anything.
    What I want to know is, am I going to problems being that I want to marry him now and once I get the visa can they deny my entry?
    Also can u tell me everything u know about the K1 visa?
    Thank you very much

Audrey

Hello everybody,

I'm french and I have a 5 months old baby with my USC fiancé.
    We would like to get married getting the K-1 visa but the thing is that I went to see him one time 2 years ago then went back 2 months later for 90 days and they thought I wanted to stay in the US forever which wasn't my intention.
    Anyway they let me in cause I said had a b/f in France which wasn't true...well I don't know if that's the reason why they let me in, they probably checked in their data if they could find sth about me and they didn't find anything.
    What I want to know is, am I going to problems being that I want to marry him now and once I get the visa can they deny my entry?
    Also can u tell me everything u know about the K1 visa?
    Thank you very much

Audrey

You shouldn't have any problems obtaining the K-1 visa. Although you lied to an immigrationofficer it will not be on record.

Unless you have other issues you will be able to file for K-1.

Having a visa does not guarantee admittance to the US however. It is to the officer's discretion to grant you entry, having a visa helps but you still have to satisfy the officer's criteria.

Good websites are :

www.k1faq.com

http://www.kamya.com/intro/k-1.html

Good luck.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
    I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Hello

Thank you so much for your answer and also for the link.
    Do you know why they would deny entry to the US to somebody that has a visa? I mean what are the mean reasons they might gieve you?
    THank you

Audrey

Having a K-1 visa doesn't normally give you many problems entering as the pre-applications are already filed.

Most common deny of entries are previous overstays, criminal intent or possesion, etc.

If you are honest to the officer you have nothing to worry about.

Good luck.

I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

I thought that once you received a K visa that you wouldn't be refused entry? Do they not take care of applying bar, etc. in the interview? Why would they give you a visa, only to refuse entry?

There is less probably less than 1% chance you will be refused entry but it can happen.

Any kind of visa is not a guarantee that you can enter the US. It's kinda like a driver's license, it gives you the right and ability to drive but there are still rules and exemptions.

Even US citizens have, in theory, to satisfy the officer at the POE and he/she has the right to deny entry to US citizens. But this extremely seldom happens.

Thank you so much.
    Does anyone knows what's going on during the interview, you know right before they tell u if iy's approved or not?

I am still waiting for my interview. They do not send me interview letter yet.
    But two days ago I had big fight with my wife.
    She wanted to spend $300 on dress and I refused to pay for it.
    So, now I worry.
    What if she mess up everything before interview?
    She say she will report that I bought my degree for 100 rupees in Bangladesh.
    This is not true and I don't know where Bangladesh is, but what if someone beleive her?
    You know, some people are crazy, they beleive anything.
    All these years I wait for interview and now this ****

Please, if anyone has similar experience, let me know.
    Patti sent papers almost same time with me and already got interview and approval.
    And many other people I helped to file for , they all passed interviews and all.
    I am still waiting.
    And my wife already say she never wanted to marry me and only did a favor to me so I can get a Green Card.
    She say she thought I am a doctor, so could make good money and buy her everything she wants.
    Now she doesn't need me anymore.

Please, if anyone has similar experience, tell me what should I do?
    Should I wait for interview?
    Or should I start divorce now?

Thank you!

**** ON ME