publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: rejected for k-3, need help getting my israeli husbad here!

I married an Israeli, submitted the i-130 and the 129F because that is for the K3...so we can be together here in the US and wait.
    Today the 129F was rejected, but they have received our 130.
    Now we have to wait for a year instead of the 90 days of the k3? What happened?
    Does anyone have experience with wait times for Israel, with i130?
    We got married out of the US because we heard it was faster this way!!

I married an Israeli, submitted the i-130 and the 129F because that is for the K3...so we can be together here in the US and wait.
    Today the 129F was rejected, but they have received our 130.
    Now we have to wait for a year instead of the 90 days of the k3? What happened?
    Does anyone have experience with wait times for Israel, with i130?
    We got married out of the US because we heard it was faster this way!!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record. The best marriage based web page and web advise is at http://k1.exit.com

This is a real good question for them. there are some great links there too.

One of the links at the page I mentioned. The site is full of great advise.

Here is the sequence of events for the K-3 Visa petition:
    1. US citizen spouse files an I-130 to the Service Center for your foreign spouse. If you are not familiar with an I-130 petition, read information at this site on how to file an I-130.

2. US citizen spouse receives a notice of action (or notice of receipt) from the Service Center for the I-130 petition.

3. US citizen spouse then sends a copy of the notice of action with a completed I-129F form and $95 fee to the Chicago INS address on the I-129F petition form.

Let me emphasize: When filing this I-129F, you need to send the entire requested materials for the I-129F form: (2) G-325A forms, adit pictures of each of you, copy of I-130 notice of receipt, copy of marriage certificate, cover letter...the whole thing, just like you were filing a petition for the first time. If you omit any of the documents, pictures, or forms, you will get an RFI (request for further information) from the Chicago Center, and it will delay the processing of your k-3 petition!
    4. The Chicago office checks the petition, deposits the $95 fee, and sends the petition on to the Missouri Service Center. The U.S. citizen petitioner initially receives a notice of receipt from the Chicago office and later a notice of approval.

5. Missouri Service Center approves the petition and forwards it to the US consulate.

Miki, thank you so much for that site!

OK, so I'm going to re-send the i-129 WITH my notice of receipt from my 130. No problem.
    Now, how long is this going to take?
    Is it really 90 days?
    Does anyone have experience with the K-3?

I married an F1, so I don't know alot about K visas, however the message board at k1 exit is full of people with successfull stories and willing to help. This is a wonderful board and has been a real huge help to plenty of people but it is a general forum for immigration and there may not be someone here with specific k visa experiences.

Also try www.britishexpacts.com they have several boards for immigration and a specialized immigration forum for marriage based. specifically talk to Alvena. She is awesome and very knowlegable.

im awaiting K-3 status and as of today im hitting 100 days and i am only in front of the adjudicator, still no approval letter yesterday and even when that comes goodness knows how long i got to wait for an interview at the embassy in my home country, so the answer to your question is yes it does take 90days

Miki-
    thanks you've been a huge help!!

Anon-
    are you and your husband (or wife)in separate countries? Which of you is in the US, and where is the other?
    100 days and still no approval?
    So, have you not seen each other in months?