50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Mohan, Umesh or any body help for police report

I am in US and I need police report for consular processing.(1)Could Mohan, Umesh or any body tell me how can I get police report from INDIA? (2) And, when am I supposed to get that police report for interview? (3) I lived in INDIA in my teenage, but I am not indian citizen.

I am in US and I need police report for consular processing.(1)Could Mohan, Umesh or any body tell me how can I get police report from INDIA? (2) And, when am I supposed to get that police report for interview? (3) I lived in INDIA in my teenage, but I am not indian citizen.

please explain why you need police report. Police report is used to either get the Indian passport Or to fly from india to another country (POE). as you said you are not indian citizen, what kind of consular processing you want?
    Police report comes from CBI and all the police station are Zoned and may be couple of officer are assigned in whole zone. If you are indian citizen and lived in India for last three years then only you need Police report( if you are out of the countryfor more then three years then you don't need police report , the indian consulate will do the stamping).
    let me know your requirement so i can explain further.

MOHAN,Thank you very much for your response.

The reason I am asking this question is I have applied for permanent residency through consular processing. In order to get immigrant visa(PR) I have to go my native country to attend an interview at consulate, at that time the consular/visa officer will need police certificate/police report from the police authorities of that locality/country, where I have lived for more than 12 months AND was 16 years or older at that time. Isn't this true?

I am not Indian citizen. However, I lived in INDIA from my age of 14yrs till 19 yrs while my father was working at an embassy. I left INDIA in 1989, it has been more than 13 yrs since I have left INDIA. I am in US for 5 yrs. In this case, Do I need police certificate/report from local police authorities (indian police)? If yes, then How can I get that? Can I request that by mail, or do I need to go there personally, or can some body request that on behalf of me? Can you also tell me how long does this process (police certificate) take?

In the posted message, you said "if I am out of the country for more than three years then I don't need police report , the indian consulate will do the stamping". What does this mean? Does this mean I can go to Indian consulate in my native country and ask them for police certificate? And, indian consulate will do stamping. What does "stamping" really mean here?

I will really appreciate your help. Thanks again

you only need police clearence certificate. you can go to indian consulate and apply . It may take couple of months because enquiry has to go to India. mention the period you lived in india. consulate will send the enquiry .
    on the other hand you cannot go their to initiate the police clearance enquiries. it has to be initated by Indian Govt. with purpose.
    For Example; if someone (indian Citizen) apply for passport then Police enquiry is initiated by the ministry of external affairs(passport office).and if someone want to travel out of country other then visit then POE Office initiate the enquiry and it will be done with a week.and based on Police report POE will suspend the Immigration check.
    you have to go to nearest indian consulate to fill one form to get the certificate.

Thank you very much Mohan