free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delays after the interview

My husband and I had interview for adjustment of status 3 month ago. on the day of interview I was told that INS hadn't received my fingerprints yet and also i needed affidavit of support. Next day I submitted all the required documents. 3 month passed since than and I haven't received anything.

My husband and I had interview for adjustment of status 3 month ago. on the day of interview I was told that INS hadn't received my fingerprints yet and also i needed affidavit of support. Next day I submitted all the required documents. 3 month passed since than and I haven't received anything.

I have the same situation as yours. I had the interview more than 4 months ago and still no answer. only the officer did not tell anything about the result of fingerprinting.

Oh my God, finally I found somebody who has same problem as me. Where did you have the interview? which state, I had in New York, exactly 4 month ago. What did they tell you? how long you been married?

I know the problems you are facing, but please try to remember the millions of other immigrants in this country, to something as simple as setting an appt. for filing papers could take atleast 4-6 months, then you have to get all the other documentation filed, so you all could expect a wait as long as 3 years. With our system here in the USA only uncle sam knows......
    I know you are anxious but it will take time good luk

You guys are kidding me!!!We have beem waiting for almost 10 month since the interview and still no sign of the INS.According to our congressman's office,they are just waiting for a backgroung check on my spouse from her coutry??!!Seing how long it's taking,one would think that she came from mars or something.We were married more than 2 years at the time of the interview and still..

I know people they been married for 1 year and they got approval on the same day of the interview.

guest when u say they got the approval the same day, u mean the green card ??or the ok for it ??

on 7/2/02 my husband and I had our interview and we needed two documents. On 7/4/02 i mailed the documents that they requested did'nt here from them. So we decided to visit the san antonio office on 10/9/02 and requested a status request
    that day. On 10/17/02 we received a letter stating that they sent our request to the ins officer and then on 10/23/02 my husband received his green card. I hope this information can help.

Please Guest,
    Can you give us a time frame of your application?
    When did you file? how long did it take for the interview from when you initially filed?
    Thanks!