free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother is a US living in Venezuela

If a person's mother is a born US citizen and living in Venezuela for over 15 years and had a son - who is now living in the US, entered on a B2 visa, is 26 years old. Can the US mother petition him?
    Please advise.

If a person's mother is a born US citizen and living in Venezuela for over 15 years and had a son - who is now living in the US, entered on a B2 visa, is 26 years old. Can the US mother petition him?
    Please advise.

No, only residents of the U.S. can sponsor relatives. She has to move to the U.S. Please note that his entry on a B-2 in lieu of an immigrant visa may result in an IV petition being denied for fraud.

Thanks, for the advice, I will let him know about this and the fraud okay.

Thank you.

what is she doing in that commie country?

Wow... Nice post federale86. I don't know why I always like your post. I really find the post very interesting. Short and simple. Anybody can understand... Keep up the good work.

Yes your mom can petition for you as her biological son over the age of 21 years old and unmarried. This is assuming that your mom is a US citizen and can prove it (US passport or certificate of naturalization or US birth certificate). She will need to (at a much later point) file form I-864 but you will need a co-sponsor (someone else as well) file form I-864 for you, as well. Since she has not been living in the US for 15 years, your mom may not be approved to be your Financial sponsor. The form I-864 requires proof of filing US income tax return OR that she has a lot of money in the bank. In any event, anyone who is a green card holder or US citizen, who makes over a certain amount and who is willing to file the financial sponsorship papers on your behalf can step into her place and you will still qualify, as long as your mom also submits form I-864 on your behalf in addition to the qualifying joint sponsor.

Please note that you need the assistance of an immigration attorney, as you are out of status (B-2 is expired) and adjustment of status under the current laws may or may not be possible. For processing times in case your mom does file for you, please go to http://www.needimmigrationhelp.com and click on Visa Bulletin under Useful Resources.

Sincerely,
    Lena Korial-Yonan, Esq.
    http://www.needimmigrationhelp.com
    Lena Korial-Yonan PA
    9425 Craven Rd, Ste #5
    Jacksonville, FL 32257

The above is not intended as legal advice and an attorney client relationship has not been created.

Someone12
    note that this unpatriotic greedy individual doesn't care that the OP is nothing more than a lowlife visa cheat, who has no respect for our laws....just interested in billable hours...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    note that this unpatriotic greedy individual doesn't care that the OP is nothing more than a lowlife visa cheat, who has no respect for our laws....just interested in billable hours... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The law is harsh [for unpatriotic (translation: idiotic) antis like you], but it's the law.

and the law should be even harsher for traitors like rough neighbor.