Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a thought...

Hi everyone,

you might have seen me around trying to help people the best I can. As an immigrant myself I understand lots of frustration going around and it's sometimes hard to restrain yourself but it also annoys me seeing this forum being abused by profanity and off-topic remarks.

I have sent numerous emails to the webmaster(s) of this site to urge for registration before posting and moderators but with no luck (sofar).

I know some very helpfull people have left this board due to these matters. But there are still plenty of others who perform great duty to others.

None of use are getting paid for our 'advices' and most aren't even lawyers but this doesn't mean we don't like to help people.

So thinking about all this I thought it might be a good idea, and I stress 'might' to create our own board but with the aboved mentioned features.

This is just a thought and possible a silly one but I would still like to hear your opinions.

If some of you would be interested we might get it to work.

Please post any thoughts, good or bad, but... please restarin yourself from any profanity.

God bless you all. Thank you for listening.

Hi everyone,

you might have seen me around trying to help people the best I can. As an immigrant myself I understand lots of frustration going around and it's sometimes hard to restrain yourself but it also annoys me seeing this forum being abused by profanity and off-topic remarks.

I have sent numerous emails to the webmaster(s) of this site to urge for registration before posting and moderators but with no luck (sofar).

I know some very helpfull people have left this board due to these matters. But there are still plenty of others who perform great duty to others.

None of use are getting paid for our 'advices' and most aren't even lawyers but this doesn't mean we don't like to help people.

So thinking about all this I thought it might be a good idea, and I stress 'might' to create our own board but with the aboved mentioned features.

This is just a thought and possible a silly one but I would still like to hear your opinions.

If some of you would be interested we might get it to work.

Please post any thoughts, good or bad, but... please restarin yourself from any profanity.

God bless you all. Thank you for listening.

I am a USC and have an immigration matter as well. I was able to educate myself extensively through research about the INA and the psychology behind it. However even with all that knowledge, I'm still not equipped to know everything about my situation. Most of what I have in question can only be answered by life experiences and that's when I turned to this board. Believe it or not, I was able to gather so much information on this board. I also found people that are very helpful...such as Mohan and Brownfox...and others. These people spend their time posting relevant helpful information for those people that needs help. If you really look deep into it, these people don't even get paid doing this but and yet they do it. Good samaritans!!!. On the other side of the coin, there are these posters not only use profanity words but just to insult and show hatred which is quite unexplainble in my opinion. Whatever the case may be...I am for the good and better life.

hi. If you all put up a new board please let us know where and when and how to access it!!!!!

I'd follow you Xandtrick.

I'm sent a whole bunch of emails to the webmasters about registering. Just this week someone posted something using my name. I guess they didn't have the nerve to use their own name.

Why don't you create a group, like on yahoo or msn, and then invite those you want to join the group? YOu have some amount of control over it; you may specify it as an "invitation only" group...meaning not anyone who searches and come up with your group can join. Or you can set it up with members only and you, as the owner, can review the potentional members.

I am on several groups where the topic conerns me. In fact there is a "usvisa" group. For some, you just click click click and you are in. For others, you may get an email from the group owner with a list of questions to answer first. You can set it up however you want.

for an example, go to www.groups.yahoo.com. Look around. Good luck!

Alison

I would like some thoughts about possible URL's for this possible new board.

www.immigration4dummies.com
    www.usimmigration101.com

Please let me know...

Also, if anyone is willing to activly participate in this project or becoming a webmaster or moderator,... please let me know.

Thank you.

By the time your board is created, we all would be USC....how about that?

Xandtrick, email me at mmaabbss@hotmail.com

Hi.

I set up a MSN group (accessible to anyone) at:

groups.msn.com/BusinessImmigrationForum

Although the focus is on business immigration, I invite anyone to post and participate. Since I am the group's manager, I have editorial powers to delete any messages that do not pertain to the group's scope.

I believe that we need to have a central meeting point for serious persons interested and/or involved with immigration to support one another and to provide friendly advice when requested.