50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Focus Topic in Interview

Anyone with experience in AOS interview can you tell me what their "MAIN" focus is in during the interview? Is it to prove it is a valid marriage or to prove you entered with the intent to marry or not? I entered it on a normal visit with no intent to marry and my marriage is a definete valid marriage but would like to be prepared for any line of questioning.
    Thanks for any help!

Anyone with experience in AOS interview can you tell me what their "MAIN" focus is in during the interview? Is it to prove it is a valid marriage or to prove you entered with the intent to marry or not? I entered it on a normal visit with no intent to marry and my marriage is a definete valid marriage but would like to be prepared for any line of questioning.
    Thanks for any help!

to make sure you're married.

if you're married in good faith, you have nothing to worry about.

-= nav =-

The focus of the AOS interview is to prove that your marriage is valid, but in order to do that it means that you both need to demonstrate that you got married with the intent to be married, and not to get around any immigration law.

They ask questions about daily life, your family and when and where you met. This is to determine that you are engaged in the relationship and have a legitimate interest in each other and the union you have made.

Martha

good luck in your interview. Yes USCIS is interested in how you met and how relationship evolved into marriage. How you answer this question will set the stage for the rest. They want to make sure you did not use your visa for dual intent for immigration purposes. How soon did you get married while on visitors? Just be honest and choose your answers wisely & everything will be fine.

Hi 4Now,

I really didn't come on a visa, just a visit. My husband now.. and I had known each other for a few years by meeting on the internet and we started liking each other just before my visit out here. When I got here in March, was really when we discovered that we really loved each other. Then about 4 months later, my sister and brother in law were coming for a visit and I was going to fly back with them and while they were here was when he proposed to me.He has the reciept for my ring also from getting it that week. So I just stayed and we got married about a month and a half later. So I really am not worried about proving it is a valid marriage, but I am concerned that they would think I came here to get married.
    I also have a new officer and I am not sure whether she will be more tough or the opposite!
    I guess time will tell right?