free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report anyone you know having a sham marriage

Having gone through a marriage that I thought was on the up and up, it comes as a big shock to the system to realize that I were only needed for a greencard. This kind of behaviour should be treated like the crime it is. I am a litte pissed off at the all too frequent advise to marry, members on this board gives to people in a deportable situation. There is already a 50% divorce rate in this country to which advise like this is adding. Aside from that, these people potentially ruin other people lives. So to anyone that knows of ANY sham marriages report them. YES I A BITTER!

Having gone through a marriage that I thought was on the up and up, it comes as a big shock to the system to realize that I were only needed for a greencard. This kind of behaviour should be treated like the crime it is. I am a litte pissed off at the all too frequent advise to marry, members on this board gives to people in a deportable situation. There is already a 50% divorce rate in this country to which advise like this is adding. Aside from that, these people potentially ruin other people lives. So to anyone that knows of ANY sham marriages report them. YES I A BITTER!

Sorry to hear your bitter experience. Everybody is not the same. You can judge the whole world by a single person. Just a tip, Asians are family oriented people.
    God bless you.

Blah Blah Blah

I'm saddened to hear of your situation. I'm sure most of the marriage suggestions given in these threads are nothing but an option for those inquiring of their problems.

There really is no way to prevent alterior motives for deceitful sham marriages, thats a matter you should have looked into of your relationship with your spouse from the begining. Yes "these people" can potentially ruin their spouse's lives, but so do other non-immigrant related marriages!

I can only imagine what it must be like being used for a Green Card. Sometimes people do get "swept away" in their relationships that they sometimes overlook the situation as a whole. There's no need for you to be malicious about it, because this will bring you nothing but more grief. Sometimes you just have to move on with your life, and I'm sure you've learned valuablelessons from this experience.

I don't hink that I am malicious at all. I read some of the advice give to people who are out of status and suddenly have fallen madly in love. Solution--Marriage. I am of the opinion, that all individuals who are seeking or are in marriages for the sole purpose of receiving a green card should be deportable. I say this only because there are many ligitimate ways of entering this country without involving innocent trusting people.

I get a filling that you just want everybody to pity you.
    You are very weak person.
    And hole idea of marring you for green card is just an excuse, your excuse, to avoid the real reason.
    Have you ever thought that real reason of your divorce could be you?
    Hmm, interesting, you telling me you never even heard of stories about Marriages based on green card, money and etc, especially when you dating an immigrant.
    Face the reality, and face the life, and be strong, why you have to tell whole world your problems. What are you trying to prove?
    You think anybody cares what your wife did to you.
    Have you ever thought why she did it to you?
    Instead of discussing your personal life on this website, you should work on self-improvement, because relationships come and go, and you have to be always ready for the next one. But make sure that you will handle it at least this time.

Once married to a US citizen don't you have to be married for three years (at least) in order to receive a permanent greencard? Aren't you only issued a conditional greencard (based upon marriage) until after that time period has expired?

If my information is accurate on this, it appears that getting married for a greencard would not necessarily be the wisest thing to do, especially if it requires lying to someone for three years of your life while living with them on a daily basis. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but within three years of living together, wouldn't you kind of get the hint that this person didn't really want to be with you?

Besides, if I am correct in order for a marriage to be considered valid the marriage must be consumated. This means that you had to sleep with the person. No offence, but if that occurred it appears that there must have been some attraction (sleeping with someone and living with someone for three years is not that easy if you don't like someone). Although it is possible that your former partner was really out for the greencard and nothing else, couldn't it also be possible that the marriage didn't work for other reasons, such as you rushed into it, personalities differ, cross-cultural and/or bi-racial relationships/marriages often face more issues and hardships than other relationships, financial issues, or just plain - it didn't work?

Either way, I am sorry about your situation, but please don't judge everyone out there that marries a USC by your situation!

By the way, I may be wrong, however, I also believe that if you can prove someone is in a relationship just for a greencard - they are deportable!

Guest1212, get over yourself. You are probably one of those people who can lie their through life...Like my husband!! GuestX you are totally correct. My husband was issued a temporary greencard, and we had only been living for a few months when I overheard a conversation he was having . Which basically said he had to stick around for two years after which he was gone. I hope what you said about him being deportable is true, however INS is so slow and their systems outdated that this person could very well walk away with a greencard. My only wish is that anyone knowing of such arrangement, ESPECIALLY where one party is in the dark, to report it.