free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attorney Fees

I know that the BCIS/INS fees can sometimes be quite high, but I've been hearing about attorney fees that are even higher. I'm curious, what is the highest amount anyone has paid on attorney fees (not counting BCIS/INS fees)?

info@myronmorales.com

I know that the BCIS/INS fees can sometimes be quite high, but I've been hearing about attorney fees that are even higher. I'm curious, what is the highest amount anyone has paid on attorney fees (not counting BCIS/INS fees)?

info@myronmorales.com

To renew my H1 status, I paid $1,700 in attorney fees, and another $1,200 in BCIS fees and other expenses. So $2,900 in all.

I used to work in a large immigration firm that didn't charge that much. I've never charged that much in my own practice. Thanks for responding, I was just wondering what the rates were.

$2,000 - $2,500 for a simple AOS case (last step)

I realize that some firms have a high overhead and have to pay associates' salaries. The feeling I get from talking to some people is that paying high fees is sometimes a mark of good service. Would you agree or do you think it is best to shop around for an experienced attorney with reasonable rates? Or, are these things being paid for by companies?

Attorneys who work for little money may not be that reliable...this does not mean, of course, that those who charge high fees are any more reliable...just that it's a lot easier for the latter ones to get your money after messing your case up...

Yeah, that is the feedback I've been receiving. Since going out on my own, I've been trying to set a fair rate. However, other attorney fees seem to be only on the high end. But, if I go too low, then I deal with the point you made. Thanks for your input.

I would think that it would not matter what a person charged, high or low fees, just as long as that person had a good record. If he/she did have such a record and still charged low rates at the same time, I think it would be easier to trust that one person over others making me think they really care more about others well-being and not just their own.

That's what I thought, but it seems most people can't research the attorney's record. As such, they tend to rely on price as an indicator. I think this is why most people rely on word of mouth when looking for an attorney. This is all really great information.