free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Changing visias

Hi.

My boyfriend currently has a visitor's visa till 2006. I'm a Permanent Resident and we would like to get married soon (we've been together for 3 years) I know that since I'm not a Citizen I cannot file K1 and a lot of stuff gets complicated. He is a dentist (but not accredited from American Dental Association) so he cannot legally work here. We would like to change his visa from visitor's to maybe F1 of work visa (in this case we could at least be together after marriage and wait here in the US for his green card). Of course we'd change the visas before marriage.

Which visa is easier to get and would allow us to be longer together. He is a graduate already could he obtain a F1 visa? or could he even get a work visa if he annot work in the US in his field legally??

Also, if he was to get for example F1 visa for 2 years would they cancell his visitor's visa even if it's till 2006??

Please help me out!!!

Thank you!!

Hi.

My boyfriend currently has a visitor's visa till 2006. I'm a Permanent Resident and we would like to get married soon (we've been together for 3 years) I know that since I'm not a Citizen I cannot file K1 and a lot of stuff gets complicated. He is a dentist (but not accredited from American Dental Association) so he cannot legally work here. We would like to change his visa from visitor's to maybe F1 of work visa (in this case we could at least be together after marriage and wait here in the US for his green card). Of course we'd change the visas before marriage.

Which visa is easier to get and would allow us to be longer together. He is a graduate already could he obtain a F1 visa? or could he even get a work visa if he annot work in the US in his field legally??

Also, if he was to get for example F1 visa for 2 years would they cancell his visitor's visa even if it's till 2006??

Please help me out!!!

Thank you!!

If you can afford hire a lawyer, and I suggest you marry him right away and file a second prefernce petition for him.

good luck