50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OverStayed, Filed for 245(i), Special Registration - Now what?

All,

I came to USA on a B1/B2 visa. I then overstayed for good as my children were already going to school on F1 visa. I then filed for 245(i) in April 2001 and the petition still is PENDING with Texas WorkForce Commision. I was then forced to go to Special Registration and then given NTA just b/c the fact that there was no response from TX WorkForce. My court date is on August 8th, 2003 for the NTA. Please tell me what can be done in my situation. I have never been to any crime and have been paying lawyers, INS, and Bureaucracy to fix my papers.

All,

I came to USA on a B1/B2 visa. I then overstayed for good as my children were already going to school on F1 visa. I then filed for 245(i) in April 2001 and the petition still is PENDING with Texas WorkForce Commision. I was then forced to go to Special Registration and then given NTA just b/c the fact that there was no response from TX WorkForce. My court date is on August 8th, 2003 for the NTA. Please tell me what can be done in my situation. I have never been to any crime and have been paying lawyers, INS, and Bureaucracy to fix my papers.

Your NTA will be cancelled because the Special Registration is over by now.

Wrong, Ardeshir.

Are any of your children US Citizen?
    Are you married?
    What date was you NTA sent to you?

Ardeshir, I have been through to Special registration and thats when I have received the NTA.

John,
    None of my children are US citizen. I am married. The NTA was sent to me last month.

Some peoples i know ,they have 2/3 US born child .but they got 3 months to leave US .they went through registration and got NTA but their labor certification was pending ,it was not approved the time they went for hearing to the immigration court. Those friends of mine live in LA, and in NY. Now it does not mean that you have to face the same .but be prepare for the bad .I hope everythings will be fine .God bless you all.

If we wouldnt have gone to the Special Registration then when we would have gotten approval for labor cert. they would give us hard time anyway.

Is there anyone who have gotten NTA and then went for court hearing?

Special Registration is over for this year, at least. Should you have not gone you'd not be under deportation now. They would have not said anything bad to you for not going.

So... complying with the law is wrong? Seems like I would be better off not going for Special Registration.